Thistle v Accies. October 16 edition.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must say I was pretty baffled at the penalty claims, didn't think any of them were valid from where I was sitting. Admittedly didn't have a great view of the handball but it didn't even cross my kind that it might have been until the thistle fans started going nuts.

Anyway, another frustrating game. Its a bad sign when even the players are asking Canning what he's playing at with his subs, as was the case when Docherty came off. Probably our best player. And to hook him for a relatively untested defender when we're losing, well....

Brophy has to start. Especially if we're now going two up front, I refuse to believe that even Canning rates any two strikers at the club more highly than him

Didn't think the ref was great by any manner of means but other than the handball, which I'm only going on by the reaction of Lindsay more so than the North Stand, don't think any of them were penalties. On the other hand, I'd need to see the Imrie challenge on Gordon again but looks like he flew in elbow first, fair play to Osman for at least squaring up to him. Also thought Sarris was a wee bit lucky to get away with a Senderos- style bodycheck on Doolan when already on a yellow in the second half.

That aside, poor stuff, Accies had the better of the game but we probably deserved a draw on the amount of chances we had. Our defence is pretty much worth a goal of a start to the opposition now, and having seen Barton for the first time today he's not a centre half at all, which is worrying given what's behind him. Also worrying is that he looks like he's towing a caravan, hoping he picked up an injury just after signing. Had a couple of good passes, but combined with Edwards also blowing out his arse after 60 minutes and Osman naturally falling back meant we were just lining up and taking it for the last half hour until they equalised as none of our midfield could run the length of themselves. I guess Archie's logic was that our central defence is so pish we need two holding players in front to protect them, but that failed to account for the Devine comedy.

Still no idea why Lawless continues to get a game after failing to kick his arse this season, he's back to his season 13/14 form and needs benched for a couple of games at least. The striker situation is also concerning, Doolan is bereft of any confidence, and Azeez doesn't ever look like he'll score.

Positives- not many, credit where it's due to Scully, made some good saves, although he still has a horrible habit of palming the ball straight down the middle. Thought Gordon had one of his better games to date, probably quite fired up today but his passing out from the back is humpty. Lindsay is a monster at offensive set pieces, I'm looking forward to the  time we shove him up front when we're losing 2-1 with a minute to go.

Without sounding like Gordon Strachan, we're 3 points off the top 6, but it's difficult to see where wins are going to come from when you're chucking in 2 goals per game.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Lawless did f**k all yet again.

The sieve need no explanation. 

The way we dropped off in midfield when Erskine went off was all too predictable. 

Canning got the Docherty substitution spot on from what I could see. 

Can't believe we moved off the bottom of the table. 

The problem is Lawless replacement Amoo was equally useless when he came on. Amoo clearly has ability the problem is in many games such as today he can't be bothered using it

Accis unlucky not to get the 3 points

Yet again half our players come back from the international break considerably less fitter and less up for it than our opponents 

Could have done with Matty "Hammer of the Hamilton" Pogba, seeing as that's the only team he ever fucking scored against with us.

In all seriousness if we don't sign an old head to command the defence we're down. Whether that involves a right back and shifting Gordon into the middle (unlikely given Dumbaya is still to come back) or a centre half (a guy that does the basics well, consistently - hate to say it but letting Dan and Frans go at the same time is looking like Archie's biggest error of judgement in charge of us) I'm not sure but we need *someone*.

Next question is whether Cerny should even get back into the side once fit now that Scully is finding his feet a bit - Cerny was a bit dodgy, two games in a row, for letting in poor goals (Hearts and maybe St Johnstone) pre-injury edit: unless he was carrying the knock and playing through injury in those matches, a bit hazy on exactly what's going on with Tomas. I mean he was POTY last year so it should be a no-brainer on the face of it but it's still a wee headache for the manager I think.

Stonewall penatly from where I was standing. I don't think it can be claimed that the player could do nothing about it, his arm was out to the side and clearly punched the ball away. Outside the box it's a freekick or, of course, in the Thistle box then clear penalty. It is the inconsistancy that is most frustating.

Thought Lindsay and Scully were good, Devine is as good as a man down and costing us at least a goal a game.

Imrie is still a rank wee inbred. Was hoping he would get himself sent off as he was flying into challenges and looked like he was about to have a meltdown a few times.

Were you at the game caller? Obviously not. Imrie head and shoulders above most of our team today, he's been rancid most of the season though so I get why you'd pick him as an easy target.

He contributed nothing but giving the ball away.

2 hours ago, third lanark said:

The problem is Lawless replacement Amoo was equally useless when he came on. Amoo clearly has ability the problem is in many games such as today he can't be bothered using it

Accis unlucky not to get the 3 points

Yet again half our players come back from the international break considerably less fitter and less up for it than our opponents 

Amoo was double marked ffs. 

The whole reason Accies fans booed the decision to take of Doherty and put on a left back to cover the aforementioned Amoo threat.

FFS!

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

Archie is getting an incredibly easy ride from our support. Our squads a fucking shambles.

Yup.  Initial questions about the sieve and who'd play up front.

No c**t questions why the midfield prolapsed with 25 minutes to go.#shambles

Delusion. He's been poor all season but was our best player today even playing the pass for Brophy's goal (didn't see this myself due to the pillar) As I said easy target given how bad he's been this season.

Playing at CB made him give the ball away. He's probably our most talented player, but he genuinely can't move anymore.

Delusion. He's been poor all season but was our best player today even playing the pass for Brophy's goal (didn't see this myself due to the pillar) As I said easy target given how bad he's been this season.

If it was him credit where its due but I though it was Donati.

Imrie did put in a couple if cracking challenges to be fair.

Archived