Glastonbury 2017

Ziggy

On 6/29/2017 at 19:57, Gibby82 said:

Third time I've been there and the best yet by a mile. Weather helped, aside from the Mercury-like temperatures on the Wednesday. Radiohead set was immense, life-affirming stuff. Chic, Hacienda Classical and King Gizzard other highlights. Only disappointment was Toots and the Maytals not playing and then missing their surprise set at Shangri-La later despite being about five minutes away in The Temple (a colosseum for ravers that has to be seen to be believed). Not another festival like it. 

Related image

Anyhoo, just watched Justice from last week. Outstanding. Reminds me of why their 2008 Slam Tent performance is the best gig I've ever been at.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit late but Foo Fighters are the most boring band I've ever seen and what I saw of their performance here typified it. I started watching in the middle of Monkey Wrench. After five minutes and three different jam riffs and Dave running around the stage shouting at the audience they go quiet and he starts the screaming bit too fast and doesn't get any of the words out. Then he spends five minutes saying how great Glastonbury is. And how much they love playing! And they'll play like ten more songs if they want! Twenty minutes after I started watching they start playing a second song and rip the arse out of Best of You in similar fashion. Shite.

On 01/07/2017 at 03:45, Miguel Sanchez said:

I'm a bit late but Foo Fighters are the most boring band I've ever seen and what I saw of their performance here typified it. I started watching in the middle of Monkey Wrench. After five minutes and three different jam riffs and Dave running around the stage shouting at the audience they go quiet and he starts the screaming bit too fast and doesn't get any of the words out. Then he spends five minutes saying how great Glastonbury is. And how much they love playing! And they'll play like ten more songs if they want! Twenty minutes after I started watching they start playing a second song and rip the arse out of Best of You in similar fashion. Shite.

Dave Grohl seems like an incredibly nice man.  Most of his songs, and his band, suck.  He has a beautiful - and no doubt very, very expensive - guitar.  All in all, pass.  Apart from that acoustic song with the vide about the mints which he never plays.

Archived