Glastonbury 2017

Ziggy

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is huge, but he shouldn't be closing Glastonbury.

He fairly rips off a lot of melodies from others. Suppose we all do, and he seems a nice enough lad, and I know, musical snobbery is a crime and I hate it, but C'mon, you can hear someone like this in any piano(ok, guitar) bar.

This rapping to four chords is basic shit that many people could do.

Just now, Nizzy said:

Why don't they, then?

Because most would probably be embarrased at releasing something like that?

If you play the guitar - even just G,C, go pick it up and you'll be able to do it straight away.

9 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I look forward to Kejan's headline set at Glastonbury next year.

I'll refuse to play it until I'm 55 and needing the cash, and do the legends spot.

Read what I was saying though. He can write a decent song/melody ; but the rapping thing - as in over 3/4 chords and rhyming with the patten is not hard to do! Any fucking musician can do it.

P.S Dundeefc1783 certainly kens the script.

3 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Read what I was saying though. He can write a decent song/melody ; but the rapping thing - as in over 3/4 chords and rhyming with the patten is not hard to do! Any fucking musician can do it.

A lot of musicians could do it. In a pub. In front of a five-person audience. 

As you've also noted, he has written these songs. In addition to this, he has an incredible control of the loop pedals and an excellent singing voice.

14 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Don't watch it then? 

Justice absolutely nailing it at the West Holts, plenty on to not be giving a f**k about Ed bloody Sheeran if you're not into it.

Justice!!! And where can I find this? This sounds like my perfect festival day (minus Soulwax, obviously).

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Justice!!! And where can I find this? This sounds like my perfect festival day (minus Soulwax, obviously).

Just finished! Headlined the West Holts stage tonight, should be able to catch the set on the red button or the BBC website

9 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Just finished! Headlined the West Holts stage tonight, should Ben able to catch the set on the red button or the BBC website

Can't find it. Yet. Started watching Ride instead. Mark Gardner hasn't aged well. Last time I saw them live he had a lovely thick, luxurious, and bushy head of hair.

That was 20 years ago, right enough...

1 minute ago, Alex_14 said:

Not P&B's cup of tea I imagine but London Grammar's set was fantastic. Hannah Reid's vocals are probably some of the best in the entire music industry 

Wasn't a fan of them and then seen them headline Festival No. 6 and was blown away. So went back and tried again and once again, just thought they were boring shit. No doubt I'll enjoy them at TRNSMT.

2 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Wasn't a fan of them and then seen them headline Festival No. 6 and was blown away. So went back and tried again and once again, just thought they were boring shit. No doubt I'll enjoy them at TRNSMT.

It just depends what mood you're in. They're certainly not high tempo so obviously, it can be construed as boring when you want something more upbeat. 

Archived