Rovers v Hibs

2 hours ago, Paco said:

Is Smith definitely out too?

Can't remember where I read/heard it (maybe one of Locke's interviews) but I'm sure it was reported it wasn't looking good for him to make the Hibs game after his injury away to Morton. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wheres the best place for away fans to get a few beers before hand? I have never been to Kirkcaldy before. 

You should really start to live your dream and organise that road trip around Fife. Live a little!

The Duchess is good. Has a good selection of beers and no TV.

The Novar is okay and has TV.

The Penny Farthing is okay but small.

O'Connells - I've not been in there since it was refurbished.

There's also the Beveridge Park Hotel up by the train station and a few more pubs along the High Street.

The Fife road trip will happen next summer i hope! Looks like we will be spoilt for choice with drinking establishments in Kirkcaldy then, how exciting.

I've never been in, but the Ship Inn in Elie won Pub of the Year.

Chippie in Anstruther. More jars in St Andrews and an ice cream. Then a drink drive home.

Or you could train it across and do Kirkcaldy, Kinghorn, Burntisland, Aberdour train crawl.

2-1 hibs. Cummings, Holt.

My starting 11 would be:

Marciano
Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson
McGinn
Mcgeouch
Fyvie
Keatings
Holt
Cummings

Shinnie needs dropped. Been awful so far this season. He'll come good but right now we need wins and don't have time. Holt needs brought back in because there is a lack of physical presence up top.

34 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

We definitely need Holt back, struggled massively without his ability to hold the ball up. Cummings' goals have dried up in his absence too. Also I'm no fan of Stevenson but if Lennon plays Hanlon at LB again he's lost the fucking plot.

Agreed, playing our best CH at LB just doesn't make sense, McGregor & Hanlon should be playing together unless one of them loses form or is injured.  That leaves us with no-one to play LB except Stevenson (Lennon obviously doesn't rate Crane as he's not even been on the bench for the last few games!).  A few people have suggested that Eardley is 2 footed and could play at LB.....he did put in a cracker of a ball with his left foot against united,  but he looked well short of fitness when he came on! 

39 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

We definitely need Holt back, struggled massively without his ability to hold the ball up. Cummings' goals have dried up in his absence too. Also I'm no fan of Stevenson but if Lennon plays Hanlon at LB again he's lost the fucking plot.

Definitely. The good thing about our first few games was that even when we weren't playing great, we had the ability to mix it up with a combination of passing into feet and going direct.

Dundee United was us at our one dimensional worst from last season.

I'll take dafty opposition fans slagging off how bad Holt is after we've won over Keatings playing well in a defeat or draw every time.

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Definitely. The good thing about our first few games was that even when we weren't playing great, we had the ability to mix it up with a combination of passing into feet and going direct.

Dundee United was us at our one dimensional worst from last season.

I'll take dafty opposition fans slagging off how bad Holt is after we've won over Keatings playing well in a defeat or draw every time.

Most definitely agree. Holt and Cummings up front for this plz. Keatings will probably get a game though. Hoping it's in the place of the so far disappointing Shinnie.

We were stronger away from home in Stubbs first season than at Easter road. Last season we were stronger at home than away and this season we seem to be back to being stronger away from home. Quite strange. You'd think with a bigger crowd the players would be even more motivated but it seems to heap pressure onto them and they go into their shells. It doesn't help that most of the new season tickets holders seem to be absolute morons who shout abuse and about getting it up the park 5 minutes into a game.

It would be nice to beat someone at the top of the table.

I'm not sure what to make of our team yet. Probably because I've only seen three of our league games, and they were a win, draw and defeat.

In the Dunfermline game it was pretty even but once we scored there was only going to be one winner.

Then Dundee United at Tannadice where we could have been gubbed but came back strongly to draw.

Then a flat performance against a Falkirk side who are clearly better than us.

Thankfully Hibs don't seem to be firing on all cylinders yet, so hopefully we can take advantage.

Is the right back we had on loan from Hearts definitely away?

That must be it. He's here until the end of October. I was getting mixed up. Knew he was missing one big game (Dunfermline away).

http://www.raithrovers.net/26924/liam-smith-arrives-on-emergency-loan.htm

We'll extend his loan as long as he recovers from his injury quickly as Thomson looks to be out until December probably.

Archived