Manager

justasking

3 hours ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Pep how many of the games have you been at? We've won twice as many games as we have lost, it could be worse yes? 

Grimbo 

Only missed 2. Doesn't really matter how many we have won we have lost enough to put us out of the league by October. Twice in 3 years out of the running before santa arrives ? I don't think that's good enough sorry 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grim I admire your dedication to the cause but the facts speak for themselves.

Spartans have made no secret of the fact that they have ambitions to progress up the pyramid and it certainly doesn't look like it's going to happen this season.

The manager might be a decent guy but he is not delivering what the club want, so something has to change.

East Kilbride recognised this and made the change and it seems to be paying off for them.

3 hours ago, uptheslope said:

Grim I admire your dedication to the cause but the facts speak for themselves.

Spartans have made no secret of the fact that they have ambitions to progress up the pyramid and it certainly doesn't look like it's going to happen this season.

The manager might be a decent guy but he is not delivering what the club want, so something has to change.

East Kilbride recognised this and made the change and it seems to be paying off for them.

Kilby are financially secure, they can afford to retain/buy back their best players. They are the Man City of our league.

We on the other hand have had to be a selling club, so Sammy is doing his best from what's available budget wise. I never hear anyone going on about who have Kilby brought through from their youth teams?

Anyway I haven't thrown the towel in, it's only October ffs, there's a lot of football & points still to play for.

You keep supporting the Goliath's of this world, I'm happy supporting the David's.

Is man utd your big team perchance? 8)

Grimbo

Top marks to Grim for staying faithful to those plucky old underdogs and lowland league minnows Spartans.  Word has it that Mr Samuel is a clever man, and has more fingers than pies down Pilton way, thus rendering him unsackable.  Finely worked strategic planning.  Unfortunately for Spartans he isn't anywhere near as good at coaching or managing a football team. 

3 hours ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Kilby are financially secure, they can afford to retain/buy back their best players. They are the Man City of our league.

We on the other hand have had to be a selling club, so Sammy is doing his best from what's available budget wise. I never hear anyone going on about who have Kilby brought through from their youth teams?

Anyway I haven't thrown the towel in, it's only October ffs, there's a lot of football & points still to play for.

You keep supporting the Goliath's of this world, I'm happy supporting the David's.

Grimbo

Grimbo I am throwing the towel in on this one.  I think you have been on the strong  stuff. Sammy has spent fortunes on players . Maybe not as much as EK this year. We have only sold 2 players of note. Hunter who hardly kicked a ball for the first team and Arron. I wonder how many players Sammy has bought. A selling club.  Grim you are hilarious. Please stop mate 

33 minutes ago, pep said:

Grimbo I am throwing the towel in on this one.  I think you have been on the strong  stuff. Sammy has spent fortunes on players . Maybe not as much as EK this year. We have only sold 2 players of note. Hunter who hardly kicked a ball for the first team and Arron. I wonder how many players Sammy has bought. A selling club.  Grim you are hilarious. Please stop mate 

What? Mark Whatley, how soon we forget.

I wasn't just talking about us under Sammy's watch though, look at all the players we couldn't hold on to because they moved up &/or on, I don't count the Junior game as being a step up but they can pay higher wages so players go for it. 

You need to understand the bigger picture, if you just want glory then hunt away, Ed City are only a short bus ride away. 

We will get there. 

Grimbo 

Shire haven't flung in the towel and neither should Spartans or any other team.

It's only October, all teams hit a bumpy ride at some point, it can happen to East Kilbride too. Injuries and suspensions to key players and bad luck can turn things completely. A couple of defeats in a row and confidence suffers. Football can bite you on the bum when you least expect it.

East Kilbride know they have to stay focused, and so should their rivals. Should that stumble occur, then those who throw in the towel in October will look a bit stupid.

Grimbo

Grim, ek youth set up is first class. A few young lads have made it into the first team and a few more have been taking on by proffesional teams. Alot of the guys that ek have signed are all local east kilbride guys which is why its easier to keep the group together. Anyways, its a bit early to be flinging the towel in yet. As a few others have said, it only takes a bad month or good month and things can change quickly. I said at the start of the season on another thread that on there day any team in this league can take points from anyone. Nothing won or lost at this stage.

2 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Shire haven't flung in the towel and neither should Spartans or any other team.

It's only October, all teams hit a bumpy ride at some point, it can happen to East Kilbride too. Injuries and suspensions to key players and bad luck can turn things completely. A couple of defeats in a row and confidence suffers. Football can bite you on the bum when you least expect it.

East Kilbride know they have to stay focused, and so should their rivals. Should that stumble occur, then those who throw in the towel in October will look a bit stupid.

1 hour ago, The Messiah said:

Being out the league by October isn't good enough, I think everyone at Spartans would agree with that.

Grim, what regular first team players have been brought through from the youth team...Dishington? 

who did we buy Blair Carswell from?

1 minute ago, johnmc80 said:

Grim, ek youth set up is first class. A few young lads have made it into the first team and a few more have been taking on by proffesional teams. Alot of the guys that ek have signed are all local east kilbride guys which is why its easier to keep the group together. Anyways, its a bit early to be flinging the towel in yet. As a few others have said, it only takes a bad month or good month and things can change quickly. I said at the start of the season on another thread that on there day any team in this league can take points from anyone. Nothing won or lost at this stage.

John, no disrespect to Kilby, I was having a dig at those who claim to be Spartans fans, oh & it was one of those so called ffans that have thrown the towel in, not me.

I'm looking forward to both our league encounters with you.

Grimbo

19 hours ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Spartans in "wee village team" shocker :lol: 

16 hours ago, Grim O'Grady said:

What? Mark Whatley, how soon we forget.

I wasn't just talking about us under Sammy's watch though, look at all the players we couldn't hold on to because they moved up &/or on, I don't count the Junior game as being a step up but they can pay higher wages so players go for it. 

You need to understand the bigger picture, if you just want glory then hunt away, Ed City are only a short bus ride away. 

We will get there. 

Grimbo 

Remember you just 'got there' the 2nd season of the Lowland League Grim when you were celebrating promotion the week before the season started :lol: 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 01:01, pep said:

Only missed 2. Doesn't really matter how many we have won we have lost enough to put us out of the league by October. Twice in 3 years out of the running before santa arrives ? I don't think that's good enough sorry 

talking of which, it's only October but already they are waiting for him to arrive down at a certain place in Midlothian that modesty prevents me from mentioning....

whitehill.png

50 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

talking of which, it's only October but already they are waiting for him to arrive down at a certain place in Midlothian that modesty prevents me from mentioning....

whitehill.png

Are you pulling on the red suit and launching a comeback Tam !? :lol: 

Archived