2017 Holiday/Travel Plans

Mitch

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Going to Milan for the Milan vs Roma game. Flights are to Bergamo which is about an hour outside Milan.

Anyone any good shouts for places to visit in Milan other than the football? And does anyone know anything about Bergamo? Nice place?

The Doumo is worth a look just watch out for the pickpockets(tourist central) Some nice bars n stuff down by the river aswell

As for Bergamo i ve only passed it for the airport and its basically Prestwick

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Going to Milan for the Milan vs Roma game. Flights are to Bergamo which is about an hour outside Milan.

Anyone any good shouts for places to visit in Milan other than the football? And does anyone know anything about Bergamo? Nice place?

I love it in Bergamo. Would recommend taking the time to go and see the Citta Alta. Either up the funicular railway or walking up the road on the north side if you can be arsed/it's a nice day. Not been in a few years now sadly but there used to be a coupla really crackin wee pubs hidden away up there as well.

18 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

The Doumo is worth a look just watch out for the pickpockets(tourist central) Some nice bars n stuff down by the river aswell

As for Bergamo i ve only passed it for the airport and its basically Prestwick

11 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I love it in Bergamo. Would recommend taking the time to go and see the Citta Alta. Either up the funicular railway or walking up the road on the north side if you can be arsed/it's a nice day. Not been in a few years now sadly but there used to be a coupla really crackin wee pubs hidden away up there as well.

Oooh thats good to know ive used the airport  a few times and never bothered with it

Quick update for 2017

So far

Jan - Seen in the new year in Eindhoven
Feb - Stag do in Warsaw
March/April - Frankfurt then onto Mayrhofen for Snowbombing Festival.

In process of booking;
May - Stockholm for UEFA cup final

Booked;

September - Week in Vegas

Just booked a self catering place in Manerola for 3 nights for just over £300 so our itinerary is sorted - 3 nights in Rome, 2 nights Florence, 1 night Pisa, 3 nights Manerola and 3 nights Venice. Half the accommodation is now booked so quite excited now.

Just booked a self catering place in Manerola for 3 nights for just over £300 so our itinerary is sorted - 3 nights in Rome, 2 nights Florence, 1 night Pisa, 3 nights Manerola and 3 nights Venice. Half the accommodation is now booked so quite excited now.

When are you going?

Middle of August.

You'll melt. Your girlfriend might sweat a bit of weight off though. Students paying a hundred a night though, you don't know you're born. I'm enroute to ten nights on a Greek island for £250 including apartment and flights from Gatwick.

You'll melt. Your girlfriend might sweat a bit of weight off though. Students paying a hundred a night though, you don't know you're born. I'm enroute to ten nights on a Greek island for £250 including apartment and flights from Gatwick.

Does it have Syrians washing up on it or something?

We aren't both students though.

It will be an expansive holiday but worth it, went a bit cheap last year and it was a decent trip but nothing too spectacular so want to make the most of this one.

45 minutes ago, throbber said:

We aren't both students though.

It will be an expansive holiday but worth it, went a bit cheap last year and it was a decent trip but nothing too spectacular so want to make the most of this one.

Fair enough, I go about 6 times a year so have to make them as cheap as possible, and I'm not a successful professional gambler.

Fair enough, I go about 6 times a year so have to make them as cheap as possible, and I'm not a successful professional gambler.

Neither am I, bit if I hadn't won big in March/Early April we definitely wouldn't be going there and the flights/half the accommodation are all paid for from winnings.

• 1 month later...

So far.

Been to Rome and Naples in January.

Ireland in April

Just booked a few days in Cardiff in July

And Krakow and Warsaw in September. 

Off next week so will be doing a few trips around Scotland. Inverness, Oban and Jedburgh are penciled in so far.

Was away for 10 weeks and covered Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Australia and New Zealand. That was amazing but expensive so no more proper holidays this year.

Volunteering in Ireland for a week in August and might be going for a long weekend with some pals to a house on Skye. Anyone know a good area to base ourselves there with plenty of pubs and easy access to hills etc?

Quick update for 2017

So far

Jan - Seen in the new year in Eindhoven
Feb - Stag do in Warsaw
March/April - Frankfurt then onto Mayrhofen for Snowbombing Festival.

In process of booking;
May - Stockholm for UEFA cup final

Booked;

September - Week in Vegas

Just back from the Europa league final in Stockholm and I'll not have a couple of months off before;

Abu Dhabi & Bali - 10 days in August.

Vegas - week in September

Abu Dhabi - week in October/November

Very busy year, which hasn't been too kind of the bank balance.

Archived