2017 Holiday/Travel Plans

Mitch

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/07/2017 at 17:16, MONKMAN said:

Finally sorted all my plans for the year.

So far in 2017 I've been to;

Eindhoven in January to see in the new year

Warsaw in February for a stag do

Frankfurt in March

Mayrhofen for snowbombing festival in April

Stockholm for the Europa league final in May

Now officially booked up for;

Bali and Abu Dhabi August.

Vegas - week in September 

Franfurt for the Dortmund Frankfurt game in October

Abu Dhabi / Dubai - week in October/November

London for a long weekend in December

That's definitely my lot.

Where are you staying in Vegas ?  

Finally sorted all my plans for the year.
So far in 2017 I've been to;
Eindhoven in January to see in the new year
Warsaw in February for a stag do
Frankfurt in March
Mayrhofen for snowbombing festival in April

Stockholm for the Europa league final in May
Now officially booked up for;

Bali and Abu Dhabi August.

Vegas - week in September 
Franfurt for the Dortmund Frankfurt game in October

Abu Dhabi / Dubai - week in October/November
London for a long weekend in December
That's definitely my lot.

You must be very rich

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

You must be very rich

I'm very fortunate in that my work pays very well, and that I have no kids etc. 

On 24/07/2017 at 17:03, Broony88 said:

Where are you staying in Vegas ?  

The Mirage

On 24 July 2017 at 12:37, Boostin' Kev said:

Was bit sceptical about it but booked a week in Madeira late September. 

Been to Madeira twice, absolutely superb!!!! Go on the West tour and the East tour, exceptional scenery. Funchal and the old town are a must. Christiano Ronaldo has a museum here, love or hate him it's very interesting.

You will have a great time, i'm certain of it.

A week in late September to centre parcs with the family then back to work for four days and off to Benidorm for a childless, childish week on the piss, then a lodge in the Lake District after Xmas to see the new year in 

37 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

A week in late September to centre parcs with the family then back to work for four days and off to Benidorm for a childless, childish week on the piss, then a lodge in the Lake District after Xmas to see the new year in 

Where's the lodge? My folks used to have a timeshare in Langdale, couple of decent pubs nearby, one almost next door, another a healthy walk away. Used to be owned by Scottish and Newcastle, no idea what happened to it. 

On 29 July 2017 at 18:44, 68blues said:

Been to Madeira twice, absolutely superb!!!! Go on the West tour and the East tour, exceptional scenery. Funchal and the old town are a must. Christiano Ronaldo has a museum here, love or hate him it's very interesting.

I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder but we went to Maderia a few years back and didn't like it at all.  One stand out thing was the restaurants in Funchal, great variety and excellent quality particularly Real Canoa (sp?).

It was the time of the Icelandic volcano eruption and our holiday was extended by two days because of flight problems; had to happen in a place we were not too keen on.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Where's the lodge? My folks used to have a timeshare in Langdale, couple of decent pubs nearby, one almost next door, another a healthy walk away. Used to be owned by Scottish and Newcastle, no idea what happened to it. 

Keswick somewhere :lol: my only question was does it have a hot tub and the answer was yes  :thumsup2 Went over last summer with the caravan, lovely area

On 29/07/2017 at 18:44, 68blues said:

Been doing a lot of city breaks lately so looking for a quiet break for a change, that's still warm at end September so thought it'd fit the bill.  Staying in Funchal so should have plenty bars/restaurants for the evening.  Hotel has a couple pools, tennis court, gym etc so that should stop me from getting too bored during the day while my girlfriends lying in the sun

Just booked all of our trains around Italy - Rome - florence - Pisa - Manerola - Venice for £170 in total.

We are going on very similar trips. In August, I'm going to Rome, Florence, Pisa, Lake Garda and Venice. I used to live in Italy for a few months but my girlfriend has never been before and really wants to go.

So far this year, been to Hamburg, Krakow and Paris. A weekend in Valencia later this year as running the marathon. Probably squeeze in an Amsterdam weekend.

Got China booked for next year but want to plan in a lot more.

2 minutes ago, JMDP said:

We are going on very similar trips. In August, I'm going to Rome, Florence, Pisa, Lake Garda and Venice. I used to live in Italy for a few months but my girlfriend has never been before and really wants to go.

So far this year, been to Hamburg, Krakow and Paris. A weekend in Valencia later this year as running the marathon. Probably squeeze in an Amsterdam weekend.

Got China booked for next year but want to plan in a lot more.

Thats good, i would have liked to see Lake Garda as well but when we saw Manerolla we preferred the look of it there. Cant wait for it now, only got a couple of weeks to wait. 

A few broken thermometers appearing in the thread. Gets silly when the highest temperature you have experienced is way above the highest on record for the country / region.

Anyway, for me 59c, Lanarkshire.

59c - you're lucky you weren't there the following week!

Instead of Abu Dhabi and Dubai in October, I'll be sacking Dubai and doing a few days in Abu Dhabi then going to Jordan. 3/4 nights on the Dead Sea shores, heading down to Petra and Wadi Rum at some point.

Archived