Scotland v Lithuania

TheScarf

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Wren Road said:

Comfortable 2-0 victory. To say we carry no goal threat after 5 in the last game, and with Burke, Snodgrass, Richie and Fletcher is laughable

Exactly mate, our front 4 no matter who it is that gets the nod should be more than enough to ensure 3 points,

Marshall

Paterson - R Martin - Berra - Robertson

Bannan - McArthur

Snodgrass - Ritchie - Burke

Fletcher

Bannan's ability to play against teams that sit deep can be vital for us seeing as this mob will inevitably park the bus. Burke's pace and strength will be pivotal in any attacke to create space against these cloggers, Fletcher instead of Griffiths as he can score goals against pub teams as well as being able to hold the ball up well and create chances for our strong midfield to play off him. Could even see any of the attacking midfielders switching around and one of them coming off to utilise Forrests pace when he comes on. Id put Forrest on for any of the wingers around 70 minutes, Chris Martin for Fletcher around the 73rd minute.

An absolute 'must win' game, regardless of the mealy mouthed drivel we get to hear.

I can see us stumbling to a scrappy 1-0 win that's just about deserved, a bit like the Georgia game at Ibrox in the last campaign.

I'd certainly take that, right now.

I'd say we look a better side than last time, but thats not saying much. 

Marshall

Paterson Martin Hanley Robertson

Bannan Morrison

Burke Snodgrass Ritchie

Griffiths

Marshall is Strachan's number 1, back four picks itself at the moment. 

Bannan was v good against Malta and will get more space on the ball. Morrison can go box to box providing cover and support. 

Burke Snoddy and Ritchie are as exciting an attacking mid lineup as I've seen for Scotland. Hope they can gel, if not there's plenty on the bench to mix it up (NOT JAMES FORREST)

Griffiths hasnt been playing but is more mobile than Fletcher (Martin isn't good enough). He'll get more chances in this match than others and he's the best finisher in the squad. Bring in Fletcher v England and Slovakia

I'm actually kind of crapping it!!!
From mid to front it excites me more than it has for a long time, the creativity of Bannen and Ritchie and the sheer pace and power of Burke and Snodgrass, I really can't wait to see what they can do but I'm afraid that our defence, no matter what permutation Strachan goes for gives me the fear!!!
I really feel that with teams on a more level footing with us, such as the next two games it going to be about having the game plan of they Suarez-era Liverpool and make sure we score as many as we can as the backend of the team is as shaky as f**k!!!

Its effectively a 10 game mini season with only the top 2 out of 6 getting any kind of reward.  At home to a lower ranked and worse team is the epitome of the term 'must win'.

I would tend to agree it's must-win, but we'd probably also all agree a draw in Slovakia would be a good result. So if we drew here and beat Slovakia, that'd be even better, right?

In real terms it's must-win though. I'd bring in S. Fletcher for Martin and McArthur for D. Fletcher from the Malta game. I would play Robertson at left back myself but would be happy to see Tierney play. 

Any win will do. I'll say nervy 2-1 with a late goal from Snodgrass.

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres no easy games at this level anymore, outwith your Malta/Gibraltars.

We'll dominate the first half and fail to score, 70% of the country will spend that time frothing about how Strachan should be sacked and how utterly dreadful we are at football, before we score two in the second half and win in whats realistically a fairly comfortable manner with only the odd scare on the way. People will still claim we were shite.

This is so accurate.

I'm getting those pre-Scotland game butterflies. More so because it's a Saturday game.

The big question though, is do I go for my '82 (home or away),'86 (home or away), 96', '98 (home or away), or '00 salmon pink top?

It's a big decision. The salmon pink one from 98-2000 is my preferred choice just now because it's quite thick for a night time kick off.

Scotland-Umbro-1999-2000-Away-Shirt-Size

Hated this top when it came out but I bloomin' love it now.

Really looking forward to this now - 'should' be a safe 3 points 'if' we turn up and 7.45 on a Saturday evening is a gem of a kick off time.                 

Line up for me.....

Marshall 

Paterson  Martin  Hanley  Robertson

Fletcher         Bannan 

Burke          Snodgrass           Ritchie

Fletcher 

3-1 Scotland.  

Fletcher, Snodgrass (P), Ritchie

Anyone got up to date ticket sales? Last I heard was around 30k . 

1 minute ago, Consolidate said:

Absolutely no fucking about here. If we don't win, it's extremely difficult to see how we can qualify. Just get the job done.

In like 8 out of the qualifying campaigns since France, if we had won 12 points from the bottom two teams, we would have qualified for a competition.  Lithuania are Malta are more or less the expected bottom 2 and if we don't take 12 from they 4 matches, it's really not good enough.  For me realistically we should be taking:

England 0-3, Slovakia 4, Slovenia 4-6, Lithuania 6, Malta 6 

In like 8 out of the qualifying campaigns since France, if we had won 12 points from the bottom two teams, we would have qualified for a competition.  Lithuania are Malta are more or less the expected bottom 2 and if we don't take 12 from they 4 matches, it's really not good enough.  For me realistically we should be taking:

England 0-3, Slovakia 4, Slovenia 4-6, Lithuania 6, Malta 6 

I don't know if that's what I'd expect us to take, but if we've any chance of qualifying then that's probably about right

Archived