St Johnstone v Kilmarnock 15/10/16

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

Secondly, I was actually quite impressed with Blair Alston today. Mildly surprised he was substituted at that stage of the game.

He seems a bit wasted out wide

Alston was playing well, I actually thought bringing Spoony on was a bad move at that point in time. Then again I'd also have left Kane on and taken MacLean off so what do I know.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

In fact I've just remembered him ruling out MacLeans second "goal". The one where MacDonald gathers the ball into the box, lies down for a while, gets up and throws the ball in front of him, which MacLean collects and scores. 

No whistle or indication at any point it was a free kick to Kilmarnock until after the goal.

Happens everytime such a thing happens. Refs will always find a reason, rightly or wrongly, to rule out an unsporting goal. 

Think it was Fer who did it for Norwich. Scored when he was meant to return the ball to the opposition. Ref just said he hadn't blown the whistle for the throw-in to be taken. 

I think its what should happen. The guy scoring is just being a c**t

2 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Happens everytime such a thing happens. Refs will always find a reason, rightly or wrongly, to rule out an unsporting goal. 

Think it was Fer who did it for Norwich. Scored when he was meant to return the ball to the opposition. Ref just said he hadn't blown the whistle for the throw-in to be taken. 

I think its what should happen. The guy scoring is just being a c**t

I don't understand how scoring after a keepers mistake is unsporting?

I don't understand how scoring after a keepers mistake is unsporting?

It was clearly never going to be allowed. The ref's mistake was that he didn't blow his whistle at any stage, and ordered restart by way of a free kick to Killie when there hadn't been anything resembling a foul. Macdonald went down under no contact having taken a clean catch to run down the clock. It should have been a bounce ball which we probably wouldn't have contested.

His bigger, but similar error was in the first half where he blew and pointed at the area where Alston was clearly shoved over, then went to see to an injured Killie player. Somewhere down the line Killie got the idea it was their free kick and everyone pushed up. When it eventually restarted he gave a bounce ball at the point where Alston was fouled. It was a bizarre moment.

None of those beat the Killie boy heading over his own bar with a free header and getting a goal kick though. Or the ref closing down Swanson's run and preventing him having a free shot at goal.

What was the story with the Anderson penalty claim? I thought at the time it looked like nothing but I've now heard several accounts from people with a better view saying they felt it was a stonewalled?r?

We binned that in the second half. Overall you probably would fee we played well in the first period- forced two outstanding saves and had at least two certain goals prevented by last ditch blocks. Second period was ponderous and inept mostly. How did that Cummings chance stay out at the end though?!

Just watched the highlights. How we never conceded is beyond me. Saints should have scored at least two. 

Then again, they shouldn't be conceding a goal in the 6 yard box at knee height, from a corner. Thats the kind of goal that gets me fuming when killie concede them. Realy, nobody could get something on that ball above chest height? 

Just watched the highlights. How we never conceded is beyond me. Saints should have scored at least two. 

Then again, they shouldn't be conceding a goal in the 6 yard box at knee height, from a corner. Thats the kind of goal that gets me fuming when killie concede them. Realy, nobody could get something on that ball above chest height? 

Exactly the kind of goal we concede in games like that. In a position where you should be in front? Opponents barely been near our goal? Time to chuck one straight in the net.

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Exactly the kind of goal we concede in games like that. In a position where you should be in front? Opponents barely been near our goal? Time to chuck one straight in the net.

We concede those goals when the other team should be/is in front, when we're numerous goals behind, at nil nil, when we're ahead.... 

........thats why we're always dossing about at the bottom of the league

It's always against a team who'll clearly be bottom half aswell. Last season it was Partick who always beat us. This year it'll be Killie.

Oh of course, although his linesman both flagged aswell. We should've buried Killie in the first half anyway. A lack of a goalscorer will cost us the top four

St Johnstone will be nowhere near the top 4 this season.

8 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

St Johnstone will be nowhere near the top 4 this season.

Yeah, because we lack a goalscorer to kill off bottom half sides when we're on top.

Archived