Cumbernauld Colts v East Kilbride FC

rhliston

As they are no League 2 games this weekend, I`d have a fancy to go along to this match this Saturday at Broadwood to see what looks like a good game on paper.

Never been to a Lowland League game before but have seen the Colts twice when they played Stirling Albion once in the Cup and in a friendly at Broadwood.

Could be a good game as EK Thistle are top of the Lowland League and are favourites to win it but can the Colts who have started the season not to bad.upset the League Leaders or will EK Thistle march on their way to another victory.  

Hopeful of seeing a good game this Saturday and I hope both teams do not disappoint.me.

5 minutes ago, rhliston said:

As they are no League 2 games this weekend, I`d have a fancy to go along to this match this Saturday at Broadwood to see what looks like a good game on paper.

Never been to a Lowland League game before but have seen the Colts twice when they played Stirling Albion once in the Cup and in a friendly at Broadwood.

Could be a good game as EK Thistle are top of the Lowland League and are favourites to win it but can the Colts who have started the season not to bad.upset the League Leaders or will EK Thistle march on their way to another victory.  

Hopeful of seeing a good game this Saturday and I hope both teams do not disappoint.me.

Oh oh...

2 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

When did EK Thistle join the Lowland League?

Sorry for my mistake, mind you I would have thought an EK Fan would have commented on it not a Montrose fan or a Berwick fan.

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 20:42, selfassemblyshire said:

Moan eh colts

Yes indeed from the Shires point of view, need other teams to help you this season if you are to be in with a chance of getting back to League 2.

47 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Yes indeed from the Shires point of view, need other teams to help you this season if you are to be in with a chance of getting back to League 2.

EK (imo) wi there budget will romp a play off never mind this league, league 2 sides better look over their shoulders and start watching them. 

Of course that's not allowed to happen,according to our friends from that other fitba association, who say that newly formed clubs shouldnt even be in the LL.  

Good luck to them I say, it be great for the LL and pyramid (which still has its critics) if they went up and City stay up there. 

43 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

EK (imo) wi there budget will romp a play off never mind this league, league 2 sides better look over their shoulders and start watching them. 

Of course that's not allowed to happen,according to our friends from that other fitba association, who say that newly formed clubs shouldnt even be in the LL.  

Good luck to them I say, it be great for the LL and pyramid (which still has its critics) if they went up and City stay up there. 

Imo the winners of the playoffs between the Highland League/Lowland League should be promoted to League 2 and the team that finishes last in League 2 should be relegated to whatever league is suitable. The present playoff system favours the League 2 club, Shire has been so far the exception to this.

Well deserved win for EK over Cumbernauld Colts today. The Colts had chances but could not get the ball into the net. On this form expect EK to win this League and be in the playoffs, don't think anyone else will catch them.

Well deserved win for EK over Cumbernauld Colts today. The Colts had chances but could not get the ball into the net. On this form expect EK to win this League and be in the playoffs, don't think anyone else will catch them.

To catch them they need to lose at least 3 games and I dont see that happening. In that scenario Shire need to win every game left haha

Archived