Dembele for Scotland?

THE KING

On 11/5/2016 at 14:02, NewHope said:

What exactly is the Pie and Bovril policy of calling Ireland 'Southern' or 'South?'

It's not 1921 y'all.

Because it annoys people on here, and of course it means treating South Ireland with the disdain it deserves.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember the same stuff being said about Feruz, then people creaming themselves when he went to Chelsea.

The pressure on this kid already is ridiculous. I really hope he doesn't turn out like Feruz.

Feruz was a talented young player but nowhere near this kids talent. He looks better at 13 than Feruz did when he was 15.

Feruz by his own admission ballsed up his career by leaving Celtic for instant cash when he would've already been well paid & the Premiership dream. Badly advised and from the things that have been said, his attitude was horrible towards his fellow teammates.

The lad Dembele is supposed to be a down to earth guy but as he gets older attitudes and desire can change but I agree, there is too much pressure on the lad already. Hopefully it can ease off and the lad can go on to be a fantastic player for both club & country

Don't agree,  very archaic attitude,  if he's that good he's gonna have to get used to it.   Hey thought that best for his development, the hype jjust comes with the territory. 

For once I completely agree with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe. The report is vague as feck tho.

ETA: report is based on this - https://www.instagram.com/karamoko99/?hl=en

Tbf I can appreciate that he and his family won't feel 100% emotionally pinned to any of the home nations, and that being the case, why on earth would you tie yourself to a bleak, backwards (in a sporting sense) and low-seeded nation if you had the choice of one that would play in major tournies often?

Hate to speak of the one team that means anything to me that way, but that's the shitey reality.

It wasn't that when he chose to play for Scotland. The little fellow's obviously keeping his options open, which is understandable these days. He's got years yet to decide which nationality he is, FIFA wise. He should try out Ivory Coast next and show up FIFA for the farce they are...3 international games in a row for 3 different countries. 

Archived