Boost for the Rob Roy committee

catcoach

Like all those involved with junior clubs, the Rabs committee put in a power of work - especially

since they don't have a ground of their own at the moment.

Having had the honour of being asked to join their coaching staff by former managers John

Richardson and his No 2 John Mitchell, I saw first-hand just how much their involvement

entailed. I have also had the opportunity to work with Jordan Brown and Michael McKinven

previously, so I congratulate them and the team on Sunday's success.

The Cup Final result will come as a boost to the likes of Mr Smith, Mr Hutton and Mr O'Brien,

who have given tremendous service to the Rabs over many years. Congratulations gentlemen,

you are all a credit to the club.

Definetly heading in the right direction! I remember you heard nothing about the Rob Roy unless you read the kirky herald. Not much merchandise on sale. Not much online or anything.

Now the committee are selling merchandise, more interaction with players and supporters with the likes of the stall at the canal festival, and yesterday. They now have 2 Facebook pages and a Twitter account advertising games and on the Saturday even had an open training session for supporters to watch.

The committee work hard and it pays off

Archived