Queens vs. Morton; 15th October (1st v 6th)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever marked McManus out Saturday's game will need to do the same job on Dobbie.  Let the QoS defence worry about Jai who is no shrinking violet.  Wouldn't be surprised if Morton took all three points - always expect the unexpected with Morton, and our youth team seems to be improving as the season progresses.

1 minute ago, Alibi said:

Let's hope your cup tie on Saturday is a very dirty game with loads of injuries, and the game going to to extra time...

Game's on Sunday.

Hopefully the players find their shooting boots by the time you lot come down!

Right now, our team would look like this.

Gaston.

McDonagh Oware Doyle Russell.

Murdoch Forbes Lindsay Nesbitt

Oliver Quitongo.

bench- Scullion, Orr, Tiffoney, Strapp. Cappie the Cat.

Currently Injured- O'neil, Gunning, Kilday, Lamie, Tidser,Pepper, Oyenuga, McAleer.

We really need a few bodies back as that team has a striker at right back, a left back at centre half and a centre mid at right mid.

I'm always optimistic playing queens down there. They are obviously playing really well, albeit, drew the last couple of games and are due a loss soon surely, so could well be us. We have performed a lot better the last 3 or 4 games so hopefully that continues. 

Fancy Oliver to score.

8 hours ago, Wren Road said:

Would like to see Nesbitt being more direct, he has goals in him somewhere

He always looks short of confidence on the ball but appears to have the ability to ghost past players if he wants to.

10 hours ago, Cowshed118 said:

Dont we traditionally do well down there and lose at home v queens, 1-0 Oliver

That trend's been pretty much reversed in recent years. Their last win at Cappielow was the weekend before we hounded Celtic in their own bin and our last league win at Palmerston about 5 years ago, although both teams have had a relegation since, so a couple of years with no visits there.

15 hours ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

I still shudder at the memory of Colin Stewarts last game or two at Palmerston.

Aye, that game where we conceded 4 goals and I think every one was due to Colin Stewart.  I had forgotten about that as my over-riding memory of him is a superb save against Ross County at Cappielow, turning the ball on to the bar and up into the air I think, only for him to try to catch it as it fell, an easy catch, and dropping it into his own goal.  People were trying to shout abuse at him but couldn't because they were laughing at him too much.

1 hour ago, Ton in Shawlands said:

Stewart had such a nightmare first half in that game I was genuinely surprised he wasn't subbed at half time. His body language made it clear he wasn't up for it.

Was that the game that followed immediately after the launch of the 'Great feeling...' thread?

That was hilarious.

Archived