Queens vs. Morton; 15th October (1st v 6th)

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Haven't read through all of previous but no mention of the loss of Lyle has from the outside seen you struggle v Dumbarton, shinty team from Ireland and today.

I personally don't rate him but he scores goals for queens that puts you more in the chance of winning games.

I don't think there will be a more surprise result this season, especially in a 11 v 11 scenario

Lyle has been a massive miss. He`s a top player for us and has a great scoring record. Seems to be a great fit at the club having done well for us over many years.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haven't read through all of previous but no mention of the loss of Lyle has from the outside seen you struggle v Dumbarton, shinty team from Ireland and today.

I personally don't rate him but he scores goals for queens that puts you more in the chance of winning games.

I don't think there will be a more surprise result this season, especially in a 11 v 11 scenario

He's been a huge miss for us since his injury, but he wouldn't have changed the outcome of today's result.

34 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Today`s result was a sore one but at the start of the season if we`d been offered 2nd on goal difference after the 1st quarter  plus the return of Dobbie I reckon we`d have taken that. Big game next week to restore some momentum.

Houstie sets a target for us of 15pts a quarter, both of us dont have the budgets of DUFC and Hibs, so first quarter in Houstie targets achieved by both.

Worrying tho must be the stumble of recent from Queens, I do think tho that after 18 games paints a more reflective picture unless there is a team like Hearts a few season ago which seems to be not the case so far

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Houstie sets a target for us of 15pts a quarter, both of us dont have the budgets of DUFC and Hibs, so first quarter in Houstie targets achieved by both.

Worrying tho must be the stumble of recent from Queens, I do think tho that after 18 games paints a more reflective picture unless there is a team like Hearts a few season ago which seems to be not the case so far

I`ll be delighted if we make the play-offs. I think we have  a decent chance of doing so.

By the Houstie calculator we need 12 points from the next 9 games to stay on track.

I thought both Dowie and Marshall had dreadful first halves were they carrying injuries?. All three Morton goals came from their right with player cutting in from wing and shooting. Wonder if keeper was at fault - first goal looked very centrally and he didn't move - was he unsighted and in second well beaten at near post where keepers shouldn't lose goals

47 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I`ll be delighted if we make the play-offs. I think we have  a decent chance of doing so.

By the Houstie calculator we need 12 points from the next 9 games to stay on track.

Fixtures are tougher this quarter I think. 

Falkirk, Raith, Hibs all away also trips to a rejuvenated Ayr and the Morton side that ripped us to bits today. 

Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, St Mirren and Dumbarton visiting Palmy. 

After todays confidence shattering result I would take 9 points and run. 

55 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Fixtures are tougher this quarter I think. 

Falkirk, Raith, Hibs all away also trips to a rejuvenated Ayr and the Morton side that ripped us to bits today. 

Dundee Utd, Dunfermline, St Mirren and Dumbarton visiting Palmy. 

After todays confidence shattering result I would take 9 points and run. 

I almost posted something 're queens fixtures way back, hinted on it after our game, but the queens first quarter is one you would hand pick if you had the choice. I decided against it as it obviously evens itself out but a good start can roll your season.

We will see how queens do now

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

I almost posted something 're queens fixtures way back, hinted on it after our game, but the queens first quarter is one you would hand pick if you had the choice. I decided against it as it obviously evens itself out but a good start can roll your season.

We will see how queens do now

Falkirk in a very similar situation really having had Dundee Utd, Hibs, Ayr, Dumbarton and Dunfermline at home. But like you say we all play every team four times and it evens out over the season. 

That was outstanding. I can't remember the last time I saw a Morton team play so well. Tremendous goals and the whole team was on fire. Quitongo was exceptional but while it's natural for opposition fans to notice the striker ripping the pish out of their defence more than anyone else, I thought Mark Russell was the best player on the park. Forbes and Lindsay were also immense. That second goal.

Full credit to Duffy - a month ago we were winless and I wanted him out, the turnaround has been remarkable. As with last season, we started slowly and looked in real danger but he's now put a run of results together that should earn him everyone's trust. 5-0 at Palmerston. Absolute scenes.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

That was outstanding. I can't remember the last time I saw a Morton team play so well. Tremendous goals and the whole team was on fire. Quitongo was exceptional but while it's natural for opposition fans to notice the striker ripping the pish out of their defence more than anyone else, I thought Mark Russell was the best player on the park. Forbes and Lindsay were also immense. That second goal.

Full credit to Duffy - a month ago we were winless and I wanted him out, the turnaround has been remarkable. As with last season, we started slowly and looked in real danger but he's now put a run of results together that should earn him everyone's trust. 5-0 at Palmerston. Absolute scenes.

Russell has only just come back from injury and into form. I reckon -like Jai- he is a year bigger and a year stronger. Russell will be the League's player of the year this season.

I hope Quitongo realises he should stay with the Ton until at least Xmas 2017 if he wants to be a really good player. He needs a season and a half dominating defences before he is ready to go to a bigger club.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but it always used to seem that when Queens pumped us their excellent highlights package would be out by 4:55pm on a Saturday [emoji20] 

4.55pm the following Saturday if we're lucky these days!
However, I'd be quite happy if I never see the "highlights" at all for this game! [emoji35]

Archived