Queens vs. Morton; 15th October (1st v 6th)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No injuries and a point would be a decent enough outcome for us tomorrow; we've bigger fish to fry next weekend after all. If the team are distracted by the semi final or just play beneath their best then it could be a shoeing though. The day out will be tremendous as usual.

Boring rattle-wavers 3 (Dobbie x3) The Famous 4 (Quitongo x4)

No injuries and a point would be a decent enough outcome for us tomorrow; we've bigger fish to fry next weekend after all. If the team are distracted by the semi final or just play beneath their best then it could be a shoeing though. The day out will be tremendous as usual.

Boring rattle-wavers 3 (Dobbie x3) The Famous 4 (Quitongo x4)

Still as many injuries as previously mentioned?

Would imagine we'll line up

Robinson
Hamill brownlie dowie Marshall
Anderson Millar Jacobs dykes
Rigg dobbie

Maybe slightly harsh on Jake but think millar gives us more in an attacking wise which we'll need. Lyndon on left purely because I think is ineffective there, could put dobbie there I guess but Lyndon gives pace to get back in and cover.

I'd bite your hand off for 1-0 queens, with injury list we have also.

19 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

Would imagine we'll line up

Robinson
Hamill brownlie dowie Marshall
Anderson Millar Jacobs dykes
Rigg dobbie

Maybe slightly harsh on Jake but think millar gives us more in an attacking wise which we'll need. Lyndon on left purely because I think is ineffective there, could put dobbie there I guess but Lyndon gives pace to get back in and cover.

I'd bite your hand off for 1-0 queens, with injury list we have also.

If Lyle is fit and given we haven`t scored in 90 minutes in each of the last 3 games I`d expect him to start ahead of Rigg.

If Lyle is fit and given we haven`t scored in 90 minutes in each of the last 3 games I`d expect him to start ahead of Rigg.

Last 4 we've not scored in 90 mins! Hopefully an end to that tomorrow.

Would be happy with a draw from this, and more importantly no fresh injuries. The below is probably the best lineup we can muster at the minute and is going to make for grim reading when it's unchanged against a full strength Aberdeen...

But that's next week. Reckon this'll be 2-1 Queens, Dobbie with at least one.

IMG_5825.JPG

10 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Would be happy with a draw from this, and more importantly no fresh injuries. The below is probably the best lineup we can muster at the minute and is going to make for grim reading when it's unchanged against a full strength Aberdeen...

But that's next week. Reckon this'll be 2-1 Queens, Dobbie with at least one.

IMG_5825.JPG

Swap lindsay and murdoch and that's what we'll line up like. Really hope we have some of our injured players back for next week. 

Our selection options are fairly limited as mentioned above - much will depend on the fitness of the 50:50 players. To some extent Dobbie, Rigg and Dykes are inter- changeable but in an ideal world I would want to see Dykes up top getting on the end of Dobbie's threaded passes. That said there is no obvious left midfield candidate other than Brotherston who looks as if he is progressing well. Rigg is a handful although his style is a bit unorthodox but he has not played badly and looks as though he can get a few goals.

Morton are another tough hurdle to overcome - it would be tremendous to get through first set of fixtures unbeaten and 3 points today is the target.

Archived