Crusaders v Livingston

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Not very good for you having to play a cup tie in between two massive league games your manager should just stick his reserves out.

Our 'Reserve team' played Glentoran at the Oval last night in the County Antrim Shield, and won 2-1! Causing some amusement over here today!!! :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37777444

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/northern-ireland/crusaders-have-proved-theyre-extra-special-says-baxter-35162374.html

38 minutes ago, LinfieldNo1 said:

Genuine question, if the Crues are getting tanked 3/4 nil and they stick on an "illegible" player, to keep with fairness, will the game go to another replay?

No, they'll probably just be phoned and asked who it actually was and a suggestion made to improve their handwriting in future.

6 hours ago, LinfieldNo1 said:

Genuine question, if the Crues are getting tanked 3/4 nil and they stick on an "illegible" player, to keep with fairness, will the game go to another replay?

I'd imagine if a team that goes through (and fields an illegible player), they would face a fine and forced to replay.

If a team that goes out (and fields an illegible player), would just get hit with a fine, they are out and will stay out! :)

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 16:31, thruthenight said:
On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 16:31, thruthenight said:

How in the hell are we still in this competition?

I thought it was cut and dry. In the past when clubs have played ineligible players in Scottish Cup competitions, they've been booted out. (Spartans, East Stirling and Dunfermline I think, but that might be pish). What's different about our case that's keeping us in it?

I live an hour away, so I'll be at the game but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one there. 

I've a mate who's a Crues' fan, and he lives only 45 minutes away, I imagine he'll probably be at it...

Back to this then... Not really sure what to expect. Would imagine we'll play a near full strength team, probably similar to last time where a few first team players are used as impact subs.

Looking forward to Lithgow scoring the 94th minute winner this time.

Back four to remain the same along with either Danny Mullen or Liam Buchanan the rest of the team to change to give the squad players a game. 

Maley, Longridge, Crighton, Lithgow, Halkett, Knox, Sinclair, Watt, Mullin, Carrick, Mullen/Buchanan 

Neither team to be full strength so anyone's game. 

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hope De Vita is ok to play, i'd play him and Carrick up front, with Watt, Knox, Byrne/Sinclair, and Mullin in midfield, rest up Longridge and bring in Neill..

De Vita looked out on his feet on Saturday, really struggled to get through the last 10 minutes. 

I'd rest him for this game, league is far more important. 

On 10/28/2016 at 20:58, Crusader Knight said:

I'd imagine if a team that goes through (and fields an illegible player), they would face a fine and forced to replay.

If a team that goes out (and fields an illegible player), would just get hit with a fine, they are out and will stay out! :)

You have obviously never had dealings with any Scottish Football Association.  Rules are made up on the spot depending which team is involved. I would imagine a large brown envelope full of  numerous notes of currency might help sway any decision mind you. 

Archived