Crusaders v Livingston

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Out the cup and just give TNS a bye.

Really? Playing a suspended, ineligible, cup-tied, etc. player is seen as giving an unfair advantage.

This solution doesn't do anything for the disadvantaged party and gives uninvolved party a reward (QF bye).

Really? Playing a suspended, ineligible, cup-tied, etc. player is seen as giving an unfair advantage.

This solution doesn't do anything for the disadvantaged party and gives uninvolved party a reward (QF bye).

Crusaders should be reinstated but if they resist this option Livi should still be booted out.

14 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Livi fined £4k and made to replay the game next Tuesday. Having the fine and expense of going to NI on a Tuesday night is probably more severe than getting fined and chucked out:lol:

Think they got £4000 travel money first time. maybe not this time.

How in the hell are we still in this competition?

I thought it was cut and dry. In the past when clubs have played ineligible players in Scottish Cup competitions, they've been booted out. (Spartans, East Stirling and Dunfermline I think, but that might be pish). What's different about our case that's keeping us in it?

I live an hour away, so I'll be at the game but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one there. 

3 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

How in the hell are we still in this competition?

I thought it was cut and dry. In the past when clubs have played ineligible players in Scottish Cup competitions, they've been booted out. (Spartans, East Stirling and Dunfermline I think, but that might be pish). What's different about our case that's keeping us in it?

I live an hour away, so I'll be at the game but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one there. 

They have had different outcomes in the cases above - Spartans and Brechin have both been chucked out in recent times while Dunfermline had to replay probably because they had won 7-1 or something in the first game.

Have to be honest I'm shocked that we haven't been kicked out of the cup. 

Obviously it gives us a second chance at it but as someone said above I recon the club would've rather been kicked out, I think it's gonna cost close to 10k including the fine to go back over and play the tie again. 

Cant see many if any Livi fans travelling over on Tuesday night but hopefully the tv pick the game up and I can head down to the club this time and watch it there. 

They have had different outcomes in the cases above - Spartans and Brechin have both been chucked out in recent times while Dunfermline had to replay probably because they had won 7-1 or something in the first game.

We got a replay becouse this what clubs were normally punished with. We were kicked out but we're able to show before our case there was half a dozen or so incidences where fine and a replay was the norm. This includes brechin, who were initally given fine + a replay before it was discovered that they had fielded a 2nd illegable player. After our case the rules were changed to a straight removal no questions no matter what. This is what East Stirlingshire and Spartans came under. pretty sure the spfl have never debt with a cup case but Peterhead did field a suspended player last year in the league. Don't know if the Sfl ever had to deal with a case in the cups.

Livi will get put out monday

:lol:

I'm stunned we're still in this. Posts above are correct though, the c. £10k we'll probably have spent on this tie in total by the time it's done is the worst punishment possible I think. Would be pretty fantastic though if Lithgow got the winner in the rearranged game now. :lol:

I'm pretty gutted I can't make it over again, though. First trip was a brilliant one, I think the boy a few posts above will be the only one in the away end now. On yourself, pal.

Archived