England v Scotland

tartanspark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Never understood the hate for Greer being called up. He's strolled it any time he's played for us. That game stands out. Had Lewandowski in his pocket the full game.

It's because he's old, and that's inherently bad.  We should be playing the U21s, or Scottish based players, or players from League 2 because they have PASSION.

13 minutes ago, forameus said:

It's because he's old, and that's inherently bad.  We should be playing the U21s, or Scottish based players, or players from League 2 because they have PASSION.

its one of those knee jerk reactions that ive had aswell tbh. like "wtf how is this c**t in the squad!" could say the same about hanley and Ritchie as well. but then take a step back and look again, who exactly are they keeping out?

16 hours ago, Wren Road said:

A Highland fella getting his cock out in Leicester Square is much more acceptable than right wing knuckle dragging English c***s wrecking every pub in the city

But still unacceptable nonetheless. What a bizarre mindset you display.

9 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

If I hadn't already booked flights and accommodation I'm not sure if I would traipse down to this. Scunnered.

I'm exactly same bud normally straight in for the cheap flights, haven't even looked at Slovenia or Lithuania yet. 

Apart from Malta where everything went right how many actual shots at goal have we had in the last 5/10 games ? 

I think the stats would be frightening. 

Let's not forget how bad England are. Failing to turn in a performance here will be criminal

They've won thirteen of their last fourteen qualifiers and are unbeaten in their last thirty-three.

They may be rubbish when they actually get to tournaments but that's when they are, by default, playing teams that are better than us.

You know what, I'll still be the mug who thinks we've got a chance when this game comes around. I'll look at the squad and think "well you never know here". FIVE minutes into the game and we'll crumble. The players obviously like WGS because he's quite positive/confidence and gives them hope but as soon as the game starts that all goes to f**k. 

I dont think he can take us any further, this group could be doing so much better. First time I've really ripped into Strachan on here but it's fully justified imo.

13 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

You know what, I'll still be the mug who thinks we've got a chance when this game comes around. I'll look at the squad and think "well you never know here". FIVE minutes into the game and we'll crumble. The players obviously like WGS because he's quite positive/confidence and gives them hope but as soon as the game starts that all goes to f**k. 

I dont think he can take us any further, this group could be doing so much better. First time I've really ripped into Strachan on here but it's fully justified imo.

Steve Bruce was right stating the players work hard but just aren't good enough at international level. 

In other words we're shite :D

I reckon England despite being poor will be well up for this one. 

I just hope we sell the 13700 tickets after some shit performances. 

They'll need our full backing. 

5 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Steve Bruce was right stating the players work hard but just aren't good enough at international level. 

In other words we're shite :D

I reckon England despite being poor will be well up for this one. 

I just hope we sell the 13700 tickets after some shit performances. 

They'll need our full backing. 

WGS problem is that he only knows how to set the team out one way, I'm not saying this is what I want but Walter and Big Eck knew sometimes that we'd have to be backs to the walls for periods of the game, well organised and well drilled. Against better teams they had plans, that sometimes worked, most of the time didn't. Now I expect a pumping from the top seeds every time and also to struggle against the teams around  us because we're too predictable. 

Scotland can be at their best when they are massive underdogs and have been totally written off. These guys will be very anxious to restore some pride given their last two crap performances. 

I predict a 2-1 win for us, which will result in a knighthood for WGS but which he'll later be stripped of when Malta beat us at Hampden causing us to finish the group in 3rd place.

Archived