England v Scotland

tartanspark

England didn't even get out of 'park', let alone first gear. Their game plan was to let us have the ball, knowing we'd pretty do much f**k all with it. I have no doubts that had we actually taken the lead or equalised that England would have started playing and would have easily won.

I can't believe that I've heard so many folk claim we played well. Aye, we passed the ball about in midfield and created a couple of chance, but that's it. We didn't score. We lost 3 easy goals and could have lost more. In what way is that a good performance? A few tidy passes in harmless areas of the field somehow had some folk wanking that it was a good performance. Mental.

We didn't have a few passes in harmless areas. What game were you watching?

We had chances, pretty good chances actually. And to suggest that the game went entirely to plan for England is also nonsense. They wanted time on the ball and didn't get it. When we pressed we created panic in their defence. They were clinical as f**k, and always had another gear - but that wasn't to plan.

We played pretty well for an hour but couldn't defend well enough - and crucially couldn't take a chance or two.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

The most demoralising thing about Friday was that England were pretty shite and still beat us 3-0. It was basically a carbon copy of the Slovakia game last month.

Never thought about it this way but you're right. First half we looked like we might do something, but were toothless with our chances, then we just got steamrollered in the second half by opponents who didn't really have to do too much to obliterate us.

Can anyone really see Strachan turning this round? Nah, he's had his time and a good run in the first year or so, but that's long, long gone.

On 11/15/2016 at 14:03, theoriginalhedge said:

Surely you can answer that one.  To the outsider I think integral sounds about right. 

I have said this before.  Many of us have 'follow followed' long before 9IAR...so the use of the word 'integral' is dross.

I think, "Another nice step for us as a club" makes much more sense.

£800k would do just nicely

The more the better. If my £50 membership along with 28,000 others isn't being used to improve the game in this country, neither is it being used to provide travelling fans a decent service then I hope they end up in dire straits. Time has come for us to stand up to SFA/SSC Ponzi scheme

On 16/11/2016 at 17:44, pandarilla said:

We didn't have a few passes in harmless areas. What game were you watching?

We had chances, pretty good chances actually. And to suggest that the game went entirely to plan for England is also nonsense. They wanted time on the ball and didn't get it. When we pressed we created panic in their defence. They were clinical as f**k, and always had another gear - but that wasn't to plan.

We played pretty well for an hour but couldn't defend well enough - and crucially couldn't take a chance or two.

I'd agree with this. I felt once England scored first they were in control primarily because the scoreline meant they could then attempt to dictate and play at a tempo that suited them, knowing at some stage we'd have to really go for it. We started the game relatively well, passed it about ok and had some decent chances; Hanley first half and then Forrest in the second had to hit the target. As it was, we didn't take them then straight after the Forrest/Snodgrass efforts they went up the park and finished it.

Nobody is saying it was great I wouldn't have thought but, given the utter dross served up against Lithuania and in Slovakia, it was better. We still can't defend to save ourselves though and England were pretty comfortable in the end. I didn't expect a result so I wasn't as angry as I was leaving Wembley as in Trnava. Still disappointed and really unclear as to how we can turn things around with the status quo. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens in regard to the poppies now but the SFA can't say they weren't warned, whether you agree with their stance or not.

Archived