Your first ever football goal.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't remember my first goal, but it was almost certainly a toe punt. One of my few goals in organised 11s was a cracking 25 yard free kick, I also scored straight from a corner once, though that was about 10% skill and 90% atrocious 'keeping.

My favourite was at school though, we'd play 5 half time 10 the winner at lunchtimes. This one particular game was surprisingly good quality for a school kickabout, though we were 8-4 down or something when the other team decided it was safe enough to put a lad called Iain in goals. Now Iain was absolutely shite at football, the sort of guy who when in goals would try to actively make himself smaller or even dive out of the way of a shot.

We therefore started to shoot from virtually anywhere within range. I'd already scored 2 or 3 close range efforts, but stuck in a couple of 20 yards past the useless goalie and with the scores at 9-9 volleyed a loose ball from the edge of the box which screamed past the keeper, rebounded off the Home Ec block wall and hit the keeper in the back of the head resulting in absolute scenes.

My other favourite footballing memory at school was a penalty (resulting from winning three corners of course). The boy in goal was an annoying big c**t called Greg who was a bit of a Liverpool fan and tried the Grobelaar technique of putting off the taker. This worked to an extent as the ball was sconned off his puss at alarming velocity, however the rebound was simple dinked over him as he lay on the deck greeting, with blood pishing out his nose.

Incidentally we didn't have a formal school football team as the new Head decided that competitive physical sports weren't very nice. The c**t.

Late Derby winner against Rancel at Hercules Den in Arbroath. My pal went on a mazey, beating half the Rancel team, then once he shot I nicked in and stole the goal. My footballing career since then has amounted to missing a penalty in an Angus Cup semi final and scoring a hattrick on the astro behind Annan's ground.

21 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Scored a fluke 60 yarder from inside my own half in school once. Ball broke to me in the left back position, and two of the other side were bearing down on me, so I just emptied it.

Bounced once outside the D over the keeper's head - he was miles out of his goal - and in. Lied through my teeth at the time I'd meant it, but the truth's out now - the game was on red blaes, and frankly f**k being tackled on that...

Mine was pretty much the same. Except it didn't bounce and went iver the keepers head. and was just inside the opposition half. I couldn't lie as I just about pished myself laughing when it went in. It was an 'attempted' cross. I was about 11/12 at the time. I usually played in defence as a left back so scored very very rarely. 

My first game for Albion Rovers Youths. Played LB but decided to get central for a corner, ball bounced in front of me and I volleyed it into the bottom left hand corner. The way I fell over meant I got up with my head facing towards our goals. I didn't think it went in until the troops started jumping on top of me. Anytime I had to fill in for CB or Sweeper duties I usually scored an own goal. 

Got a trial with Hibs whilst at them but I wasn't very good and it didn't last long. At the same time our goalkeeper got a trial with Kilmarnock and let in 5 goals in the first half at Ochilview against Falkirk :lol:

I was a centre half so didn't score much, my first with a team was at a school tournament at primary. I had moved from one primary to another about a year before it and we were playing against my old primary who ended up a player short because one got injured and they had no subs. Because I knew most of them I played with my old primary for that game. Scored a hat trick and assisted one then went back to being shite as soon as I went back to my own team.

Scored on my debut for Clarkston Ams against Linwood Thistle (i think). Under 13s

Came off the bench as a second half sub.

Chipped the keeper from just over the half way line at Huntly parks.

Unluckily i was up against the managers son for a place in the team so seemed to struggle to get a start up front. Seemed to get more success at left or right back.

Moved to Neilson Boys club a couple of years later. Our first game against clarkston, i chipped the keeper from just over the half way line.

The first goal I remember scoring was by complete accident. Must have been around P4 and I was walking through the playground and took a short cut through the boys playing football. As I walked through, someone wacked the ball off my head and it bounced straight into the goal (between the two coats on the ground)

Good times. I was a hero for about 30 seconds until I joined in myself and everyone just realised that I was shite.

37 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

How the f**k had people not scored a goal by the end of primary 1? Any game that finished in single figures during primary school playground football would be a considered a veritable snoozefest.

Counting goals you scored in Primary 1. Who are you? Pele?

My first memorable goal was scored during a league game of Futsal at Perth's famous Bells Sport Centre (a fine arena to score your first goal I'm sure fellow Perthites would agree.)

I was put in the team that night because someone couldn't make it. This was much to the amusement of everyone from my school who had their own teams because it was well known that I'm fairly shite at football. Nevertheless, laughter became encouragement - they all wanted to see me score. There was a rowdy atmosphere on the sidelines as I played. People were cheering me on. At times there was calls for calm by the older guys who organised the nights.

Then the ball was passed across the box and arrived at my feet. My foot was under the ball and I flicked it out towards goal as tackles came in. I pretty much lobbed the ball. The tackling players blocked the keepers view I think because the ball was travelling at no speed whatsoever. But it went up in the air and, like in slow motion, went into the net. The crowd went absolutely wild. There was a court invasion and I was pileed. The ref was blowing his whistle furiously to restore order. It was a ridiculous moment for a run of the mill goal. It was euphoric. My proudest footballing moment. I'll never forget that.

• 6 months later...

First competitive goal came in a game for my first boys club team about 3 weeks after my first competitive game.  Under 8's age group.

We'd play on Saturday mornings at 9.30am on grass, 7 a sides.  I would then go to my Grans for something to eat & head back down to the 5 a side complex for 12.30pm for the afternoon games.  My first goal came in a game in the afternoon against a team called Coylton Colts.  Our team, Prestayr, were dominating the match & everyone & their dug was scoring.  I fancied a piece of the action, so ventured forward from my defensive position, wandered to the edge of the box, right in the middle, someone hit a shot, goalie saved it, ball rolled to my feet & I toe poked it into the roof of the net.  Felt absolutely fantastic.  Two minutes later, glowing with confidence, I strolled up the park again, this time shouting for a pass from the same position, received it & battered another one into the top right side of the net.  Head trebled in size that day.  Think we won the game 24-2 or something like that, but I scored 2 goals & absolutely everyone who came into contact with me after that was told about it.

1st goal I remember was playing for the primary school team, hit a clearness from halfway(7 a-sides) which went quite far to the keepers right (as in it was heading miles wide) bounced in a divot and spun back towards the goal with the keeper completely thrown off balance. Went down as a "f*cking right I meant it" kind of goal

Archived