Your first ever football goal.

No, but I remember my first clean sheet.

My first game for the primary school team was against the school who had been champions of the area (or somesuch) in the previous year. They battered us, but somehow we managed to keep them out. Credit for the final save went to an odd Dutch lad in my class who kept the last shot out with his arse while tying his shoelace in the goalmouth.

We never won another game, but still.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^none of that actually happened.

f**k knows about my first ever goal. Can remember my first goal for the Saturday amateurs. Cracking cross from the right wing and a bullet header from about 8 yards out. That swish noise when it hits the net :wub:

Can't remember my first ever goal but we used to have big games of fitba up the park every Friday night when we were 14/15 using nets we'd nicked from the Dalziel park where Motherwell train. Anywhere between 12 and 20 of us would show up and play proper 90 minute matches. Sometimes we'd have an even number of Motherwell and Rangers fans and we'd play eachother. Those were some tense affairs. It's a shame that it'd be wholly socially unacceptable, at 24 years old, to say 'I'm Scott McDonald, you can be David Clarkson' when I go to play sevens tonight :(

Like most, probably scored loads when I was in primary etc.

1st 'official' goal was a pearler of a free kick in high school. Rare occurrence as I was a right back...

I played as a goalkeeper pretty much my whole life.

My first 'goal' if you like came in a shoot-out in P6. I aimed for the top corner, but somehow hit a scorcher right dowm the middle and just under the bar. Winner in the shootout though.

My first proper goal came also from the spot. An absolute shanner, right out of FIFA 17, which trundled just inside the post. Minter for my opposite number.

Then 6th year came and i played in midfield. 7 games, 4 goals and 3 yellow cards later i retired as a total enigma.

I'm also a goalie but managed to score in a friendly for my first amateur team, we only had 12 and I was supposed to play the 2nd half in goal but the right mid got injured. Came on and the ball broke forward on the right and their goalie inexplicably came rushing out, so I just hit it first time from about 40 yards into the empty net. Scored a half volley in the 2nd half as well.

Years later, I'd score from 80 yards with a punt, but we still lost that day [emoji107]

ETA - played outfield in oz and managed to bag 3 penalties in 8 games

Scored a fluke 60 yarder from inside my own half in school once. Ball broke to me in the left back position, and two of the other side were bearing down on me, so I just emptied it.

Bounced once outside the D over the keeper's head - he was miles out of his goal - and in. Lied through my teeth at the time I'd meant it, but the truth's out now - the game was on red blaes, and frankly f**k being tackled on that...

My first goal for an actual organised team would have been for the local U18s when I played as a right back. After defending a corner and initiating a counter attack, I ended up crossing it from the left wing position leading to a stramash in the goalmouth. Instinctively sensing an opportunity I followed it in and poked it in with my left swinger.

After the initial celebration I asked to be subbed, feigning an ankle injury when in fact I was about to spew after sprinting 90 yards with a dreadful hangover.

The only goal I remember scoring is for Meadowbank supporters against Dumbarton (?) on a rock hard pitch at Pollok Park. I preferred to play in goals or at left back but I'm stuck up front that day. My pal puts a cross over from the right wing, goalkeeper and centre half both go for the ball and collide like Miller and Hansen v USSR in World Cup 1982. Ball breaks to me and I have a wide open goal. Hit a total daisy cutter which sneaks slowly into the net much to my relief. As a result the opposition man mark me for the rest of the match which was a waste of time because I was shite. 

I was actually playing as a ringer that day so the record books have the goal attributed to someone else.. :(

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The only goal I remember scoring is for Meadowbank supporters against Dumbarton (?) on a rock hard pitch at Pollok Park. I preferred to play in goals or at left back but I'm stuck up front that day. My pal puts a cross over from the right wing, goalkeeper and centre half both go for the ball and collide like Miller and Hansen v USSR in World Cup 1982. Ball breaks to me and I have a wide open goal. Hit a total daisy cutter which sneaks slowly into the net much to my relief. As a result the opposition man mark me for the rest of the match which was a waste of time because I was shite. 

I was actually playing as a ringer that day so the record books have the goal attributed to someone else.. :(

I thought the idea of getting a ringer in was to get good players in?

My first goal playing proper 11 a side football was decent, got played through on goal and the keeper came off his line a bit early so I was able to chip it over him from about 20 yards out. My second in the same game was the last goal I scored, an open header into the bottom corner. This was 3 years ago now I think.

34 minutes ago, Aidan said:

My first goal playing proper 11 a side football was decent, got played through on goal and the keeper came off his line a bit early so I was able to chip it over him from about 20 yards out. My second in the same game was the last goal I scored, an open header into the bottom corner. This was 3 years ago now I think.

Did you go & help the Keeper before celebrating your goal, Helpful? ;)

Grimbo

First goal was at an Under 11 Easter tournament in Preston,  would have been as well playing it in central Scotland as we played Livi pro youth, port Glasgow, Whittlets (sp) from Ayrshire I think and some other mob again Scottish.   Anyway I went down to the tournament as Goalie who has recently lost his place in the starting 11 due to being far to small for the big goals and generally a bit shit in goals ,  by the 3rd game 4 players injured and just me left so the manager throws me on in centre midfield as basically there was no one left.

injury after being battered for 90 mins but still keeping the score to 1-1 we got a corner. It was swung in and cleared to the edge of the box an absolutely from 20 yards fizzing into the top corner before it was spectacularly saved by the goalie, unfortunately for him I never had a clue where to stand and it hit me in the balls rolled down knee shin toe and blasted into the net from about 2 yards for the win.  Tommy Burns was there too watching his laddie and congratulated me at the end felt like the absolute hero.

Spent the rest of the day using up my genie Sim texts telling everyone about my match winning wonder strike. 

Never played in goals since unfortunately I probably peaked at 12 and its been downhill from there

Certainly not my 1st goal but my 1st goal in a tournament that mattered was when they used to arrange 5 aside tournaments for junior Bairns. 

Because of my age I made the cut off for the younger group by about 1 week meaning I was the oldest kid there. Also I was always quite tall so most kids were half my size:lol:

Tournament gets going and in true kids playing football fashion they're all folllowing the ball whilst I hover waiting for it to break.

As it spills from the crowd I melt it an absolute fucker.  The keeper near shat himself as it flew past him and nearly destroyed the goal.

I'd of been proud of the strike if the poor wee c**t wasn't a good 4 years younger than me. Took to side foot efforts after that.

Archived