The Season So Far Better or Worse Than you Thought

We're last in the league for our home record and last in the goals-for column too. Both of these stats have been our biggest weaknesses in the last 2 seasons so it's disappointing not to see signs of improvement, especially in the goalscoring area. Five goals in eight games so far. The squad is heavily weighted towards defending so I don't see it improving greatly. 

I also confidently predict we're likely to do worse in the 2nd quarter against teams we did better against in the first, better in the 2nd quarter against teams we did worse against in the first and it'll probably be a bit of a mixed bag against the teams we drew against.

Probably doing better than expected, although would have been a different response had we not won on Saturday. If we beat Stranraer we will have 9 points from the first quarter. Only team to hammer us was the Franchise. The Albion result was disappointing but it was a relatively even match until the first goal went in, and we have strengthened centre defence since then. The young centre half playing that day was out of his depth.

So, in actual fact, we have improved since the start of the season and don't look out of place against any of the teams in the league, which isn't something most people were expecting a couple of months ago.

Goalie still a problem, but maybe the clean sheet at the weekend will give him the confidence he needs.

Brechin are good at slapping diddies about this season but when it came to the big game they utterly failed I would expect them to disappear promptly.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I seriously hope you don't consider livi as big game contenders after recent happenings at your new club...

I didn't think we'd have been as poor defensively as we have been. I thought things would take time to gell. There has been a lot of changes on and off the field and it will take time for everything to settle down. I didn't expect us to hit the ground running, I thought we'd be a bit hit and miss in the first half of the season however more often than not our performances have been shocking. I know a lot of Airdrie fans probably won't agree but I still think things will come good. Sadly though it could be far to late.

I checked back on the pre season expectation thread, looks like Stranraer and Brechin are the biggest surprises, Most people expected Stranraer to be up the top end of the table and Brechin down around the bottom. Oh and Peterhead was expected to be up near the top 4 not sitting bottom. Other than those clubs everyone else is around a place or two where they were expected to be.

Archived