exselgroup Sectional League Cup Final Kirkintilloch Rob Roy v Shettleston

~C'mon the Town~

On 2 October 2016 at 02:28, Nugent4nil said:

All the best to Maxi and his squad... 42 years is too long!

I'm pretty sure rob Roy won league titles not that long ago, roughly 8 or 9 years ago. Does that not count as a trophy?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hareskirky said:

ON seeing the game footage rob roy midfielder caught the boy bottom of the leg free kick yellow card.

referee got himself all excited never gave himself anytime to think just brandished the red .

felt sorry for the boy.  Roy decent possession all game just couldn't do much in the last 3rd to create a good chance to score. Shettleston humped it long most of the game used the no9 and fed off it almost worked.

red card for the captain mcmenamin was very harsh as a referee you really need to think before you act and this referee certainly didn't yesterday.

Hit the nail on the head! Agenda all over it.

Think Shaun was unlucky and has been with both red cards this season .

My opinion which won't change.

We have had players on the end of some nasty challenges and generally opposition seem to get the benefit of the doubt and are treated softly whereas our players seem to get the kitchen sink thrown at them possibly just seems like that but as a supporter i have to say how i feel it is going at times.

Either way a few were talking at the game on sunday about this referee his manner and you could see he was just desperate to hand out a red he looked a bit gutted at the end that we had won which was nice.

On shaun we have still to see the best of him , he has the ability to make an impact but these suspensions are hindering him

Hopefully sooner rather than later he can get a good run of games .

Well it's done now! The oppo no3 should have had a second yellow for the shove also! Or even a red but the ref let that go,player managed to sneak away.

Card was given as a reckless challenge so that's that then.

Only the player pulling out of challenge knows how it actually was,and the carded player.

Nothing more to see here.

On 3 October 2016 at 19:49, hareskirky said:

ON seeing the game footage rob roy midfielder caught the boy bottom of the leg free kick yellow card.

referee got himself all excited never gave himself anytime to think just brandished the red .

felt sorry for the boy.  Roy decent possession all game just couldn't do much in the last 3rd to create a good chance to score. Shettleston humped it long most of the game used the no9 and fed off it almost worked.

red card for the captain mcmenamin was very harsh as a referee you really need to think before you act and this referee certainly didn't yesterday.

It's a red card every day of the week.  It's as clear as it's possible to see.

You're obviously entitled to view that it's not a red card, but not under the Laws of the Game as they currently stand.

25 minutes ago, hareskirky said:

Here twat i mean referee how come your no booking the Roy players celebrating as a group right in front of you and a handful of shettleston fans eh thinking about it by the look of your coupon. 

How about the beaks doing something right for a change and overrule the red. 

G

I will be checking into the forum every hour, on the hour, to see the referee's response to this personal question.

Anyway we had to 're-group as we were sluggish leading up to the man down! we managed to keep it tight for the final ten minutes.

Gary's card ? is this part of the rules! don't celebrate! for me no-one likes a card and cost the club which no-one wants but that was unreal.

I moved to behind the goal for penalties and many shettleston fans didn't know what happenend.

But delighted with the win fair play to shettleston they were tough opponents! reckon they will win their league. Good luck 

Archived