The Cowdenbeath fc board

Have the lessons of the previous 2 seasons been learned?

Stuck with Nichol, maybe for financial reasons but we know what happened.

Stick with  Nish, we all know what happened.

The writing is all over the wall here. The football is terrible to watch, the team look flat and going through the motions.

There isn't anything in the background to give us hope ie wait til 3 or 4 injured players are fit.

We look rudderless and the only course we seem to be navigating is  straight to the non leagues.

Do we have the bottle or capability to act this time, or is the new relationship with Hearts going to prevent us from making a change before it's too late?

There is not a single supporter who has any confidence in the team and where we will end up this season, and that's factual.

I make no apologies for starting a new topic.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have the lessons of the previous 2 seasons been learned?

Stuck with Nichol, maybe for financial reasons but we know what happened.

Stick with  Nish, we all know what happened.

The writing is all over the wall here. The football is terrible to watch, the team look flat and going through the motions.

There isn't anything in the background to give us hope ie wait til 3 or 4 injured players are fit.

We look rudderless and the only course we seem to be navigating is  straight to the non leagues.

Do we have the bottle or capability to act this time, or is the new relationship with Hearts going to prevent us from making a change before it's too late?

There is not a single supporter who has any confidence in the team and where we will end up this season, and that's factual.

I make no apologies for starting a new topic.

Firstly the Board had the bottle and capability to act on all these occasions. I don't see what bottle has to do with it at all - it's actually much easier to just do what folk shout for than not do so.

Secondly, if fans have concerns and views or questions for the Board why complete apathy as regards using the medium set up for that - the Supporters Council?

Did not know the council was still active. 

Whether it comes down to bottle or not, the fact is all I have heard last 2 seasons is 'we are going to go down unless something changes'. Well this is the 3rd season of hearing the same, and I don't know a single fan who thinks otherwise.

The only small consolation is its still early in the season so plenty time to get out of the situation.

Did not know the council was still active. 

Whether it comes down to bottle or not, the fact is all I have heard last 2 seasons is 'we are going to go down unless something changes'. Well this is the 3rd season of hearing the same, and I don't know a single fan who thinks otherwise.

The only small consolation is its still early in the season so plenty time to get out of the situation.

It's up to the fans to make it active - the ball is in their court

I tried to re unite the existing Council Al but unfortunately nobody came forward interested in setting it up again following an email I sent to the Cowden Fans distribution list that JG formerly set up 

Thank goodness there is still time to turn it around as these performances are absolutely brutal 

To be honest,  any council is irrelevant in this situation.

Just ask any supporter you know, out with the board, and you will get a similar response.

You know I'm not one for criticising    individuals at the drop of a hat. I would say most have a stronger opinion than me. Sadly we will be lucky to avoid relegation the way we are playing.

8 minutes ago, big al said:

Just ask any supporter you know, out with the board, and you will get a similar response.

You know I'm not one for criticising    individuals at the drop of a hat. I would say most have a stronger opinion than me. Sadly we will be lucky to avoid relegation the way we are playing.

You are right Al Fox must address this situation quickly as if we carry on playing like this we will be in yet another relegation dogfight.

What was nice in some ways today was some new young kids coming to the game but sadly if that's the standard on the park with toothless performances those youngsters won't be back in a hurry 

Second bottom of the basement league of Scottish Football is unacceptable from a team that was in the championship two years ago 

Results are dreadful.

performances are dreadful.  We haven't put in a decent performance in the league.

we've won 2 games but lets be honest. We played shite and beat Edinburgh and Montrose teams that somehow were worse than us.

No-one can see even a glimmer of hope that things will change. We look a shambles.  Right back at left mid today.  Centre forward at centre -half previously.  The manager is obviously desperate and out of ideas how to change things.

The board need to learn the lessons of the last two seasons and act.

I too was in favour of Fox but I am beginning to think he is Colin Nish in disguise especially with hoofball.

However he may just need a good bit of time to get it right as you just have to look at Dods which looks like by not appointing him may come back to haunt us as he is currently strolling League One. So there is evidence that sometimes sticking with the manager pays off.

I agree to the boards approach to no knee jerk reaction but the start to the season does have the alarm bells we have heard in the past and our clubs future is more important than any young ambitious manager looking to make a name for himself whilst risking our club in trying to do so 

It could just be a coincidence but either Jimmy is staying away topping up his tan or he is deliberately staying out of things ready to be thrown into the dugout?

Well probably not every supporter. The Council isn't irrelevant - in our club fans were invited to have their say via this which then allows for timely, constructive and informed dialogue. Fans can then understand the wider picture and be fully involved in terms of key facts, economics, alternatives, etc. Do we really think that terrace shouts and forum posts is a better option in tackling our problems?

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well probably not every supporter. The Council isn't irrelevant - in our club fans were invited to have their say via this which then allows for timely, constructive and informed dialogue. Fans can then understand the wider picture and be fully involved in terms of key facts, economics, alternatives, etc. Do we really think that terrace shouts and forum posts is a better option in tackling our problems?

No definitely not

I am sure though the core supporters should know the key facts and If not they should make an attempt in doing so.

The club needs the fans more than ever and it's really unfortunate things are looking horrific on the park which adds further fuel to fans dissapointments from last season 

17 minutes ago, CowdenConvert said:
5 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well I don't see any harm in fans on here airing their views, aware that at least some of the board will have read them.

If you are saying there are factors which won't be revealed on here i.e.there's no money we can't afford to pay off a manager or we have an agreement with Hearts and are unable to sack Fox at the moment, then that's never going to be written on here a s a statement of fact no matter what method of communication we use.

I don't want to get into an argument, I have great respect for all the board. I'm just putting it out there that ALL the support has these concerns. 

Hopefully the chairman has gave Fox a right good rollicking tonight for Fox to then take that passion back to the dugout as someone had said it's like he's waiting on the bus in the dugout.

My disgust today and reason for storming out after the second goal was the team didn't look interested and if the body language that our manager displays with no passion, and hardly says a word you have to start questioning his ability of motivating and getting the best out of the players. 

Fox is clearly highly thought of but he needs to start putting his good theory into practice and quickly. 

7 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Fox is clearly highly thought of but he needs to start putting his good theory into practice and quickly. 

Why is he highly thought of? He wasn't anything special as a player and only has experience of coaching kids at Hearts...and not doing a great job in terms in results.

27 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Why is he highly thought of? He wasn't any special as a player and only has experience of coaching kids at Hearts...and not doing a great job in terms in results.

Not sure really but with the performances on the park he can talk all the talk he wants and have people praising him but he needs to get the players to up their game as people like Dean Brett are starting to even perform poorly under him 

The players look like someone who goes in to work, does his bit, enough to keep the boss off his back, gets paid each month and doesn't give a f**k the moment he leaves the building.

That may be fine in many industries, but in football the opponent will be hungry, passionate and determined, and that will usually be enough to win unless the gulf in ability is huge( which it isn't in league 2).

2 hours ago, big al said:

The players look like someone who goes in to work, does his bit, enough to keep the boss off his back, gets paid each month and doesn't give a f**k the moment he leaves the building.

That may be fine in many industries, but in football the opponent will be hungry, passionate and determined, and that will usually be enough to win unless the gulf in ability is huge( which it isn't in league 2).

Well said Al that's what I was disgusted with yesterday players looking like they don't care 

Archived