The Cowdenbeath fc board

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Theres no way this team would finish bottom im not even worried about that to be honest.

How many people imagined at the turn of the year we would get relegated.  We were in a far better position then than we are now, we were playing some decent football and we still managed it.

The way we look at the moment where we can't buy a goal let alone a win at home it could happen.

Should have kept Nish with a year to reflect that experience would have been invaluable in this league. Remember we were looking at promotion playoff and not relegation playoff for some time until 2 key players left. I hate saying what if but we are worse off in a worse league with another rookie at the helm.

I expect little agreement and Nish isn't coming back so we need to move forwards with what we have currently but the club is in as bad a place as I ever recall and I've seen some dross since the mid 80s.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1 October 2016 at 17:51, big al said:

Have the lessons of the previous 2 seasons been learned?

Stuck with Nichol, maybe for financial reasons but we know what happened.

Stick with  Nish, we all know what happened.

The writing is all over the wall here. The football is terrible to watch, the team look flat and going through the motions.

There isn't anything in the background to give us hope ie wait til 3 or 4 injured players are fit.

We look rudderless and the only course we seem to be navigating is  straight to the non leagues.

Do we have the bottle or capability to act this time, or is the new relationship with Hearts going to prevent us from making a change before it's too late?

There is not a single supporter who has any confidence in the team and where we will end up this season, and that's factual.

I make no apologies for starting a new topic.

Cough cough

• 1 month later...
On 07/10/2016 at 11:26, CowdenConvert said:

How many people imagined at the turn of the year we would get relegated.  We were in a far better position then than we are now, we were playing some decent football and we still managed it.

The way we look at the moment where we can't buy a goal let alone a win at home it could happen.

We won our last home game....lol...

Think fox will get it right,first season in you bring in anyone to change things around one more season I think

Stinks of Stirling and Stuart McLaren from an outsider looking in. If Cowdenbeath finish bottom 3 or 4 then he should be gone, not be given another season.

Just my 2p's worth, for what it's worth.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Stinks of Stirling and Stuart McLaren from an outsider looking in. If Cowdenbeath finish bottom 3 or 4 then he should be gone, not be given another season.

Just my 2p's worth, for what it's worth.

If Cowden are still in the bottom three by Christmas he should be gone. It's absolutely ridiculous what we've been watching. The only reason we haven't been cast adrift is due to McGurn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does the entire board consist of the manager's family members? Or is he on a 5 year contract that would cripple the club in the event of him being fired?

I have nothing against the club or its fans, but the apparent mismanagement does little to endear me to the prospect of Cowden surviving a play-off against EK or the Shire.

Archived