Brechin Hackers v Stranraer

Tough game from both sides. Very evenly matched. Stranraer better first half brechin better 2nd. Tousy game. Bad tackles poor decisions. Ultimately a foul on thomson in front of us not given allowed brechin to break and they score. Bad miss in first half by moreno. Looked a bad tackle by brechin player in first half that only was a yellow. Disappointing finish to game by stranraer as game wore on with two many long balls. We were out muscled by brechin.

In all my years watching the game I have never seen a team foul as much did not come to play football just to spoil.

What a pathetic post from a fan of a beaten team. I think you must be related to the referee who ignored so many fouls for Brechin but couldn't wait to blow every time Gibson fell on his arse.
Great work from the City guys to grind out a great result to go TOP of the league.

Wasn't at the game so cant really comment but feck it i will anyway. As said prev if we've toughened up a bit then GOOD.  Great win at a difficult place to come to . Top of the league feels good after last season but lets play it down a bit . Livi and  Alloa in my eyes still the favourites for the league and thats not being defeatest  more realist . One game at a time . Well done all. VERY pleased with the way things are going .....

Great result today, wasn't there so can't comment but we defo have a lot more dig this year, I've noticed buzz and hill screaming at players to go into tackles, Mccormack back now aswell, another player who will put his foot in, a lot of our players don't mind that side of the game this year, we aren't cloggers but we can mix it which will be needed if we want to stay up the top end of the season

Nice of the clueless officials not to award us a pen when they wrongly awarded stranraer a free kick outside the box for a push. Yet video evidence clearly shows it inside. Shocking stuff considering it was right in front of both officials.

7 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Commenting on a game they were not at nobody says a thing where as I did the same thing a few weeks ago and was told shouldn't be doing it - that's the mafia for you though.I will never bow down to you lot.

You are a topper.  Never fail to give us all a laugh. :lol:

Keep up the good work . 

I drove all the way from brechin to watch this and was disappointed that Dodds had us playing just the way he played,kicking everything in site.lucky to get the win.if the ref was stronger we would have at least one red card and Stranraer should've had a penalty.

17 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

I drove all the way from brechin to watch this and was disappointed that Dodds had us playing just the way he played,kicking everything in site.lucky to get the win.if the ref was stronger we would have at least one red card and Stranraer should've had a penalty.

Of course you did !  ;)

You never mentioned the penalty we should have had !  Or the fantastic control and finish from Andy Jackson !  Or the crucial saves from Buzz at crucial points in the match !  Or the fact that this was another clean sheet for an ever improving defence ! 

Mind you when you are willing the opposition to win it is hard to spot any positives from our perspective.  :rolleyes:

Archived