Holiday Suggestions

DI Bruce Robertson

Right, so far this year I've used 2 days of my 22 days annual leave and have also accrued a few public holidays which will give me roughly 5 weeks holidays to use before the end of the year.

I'm based in Dubai and will be using a couple of these weeks to visit family in Scotland but I also want to have at least a week somewhere else.

My budget will be around £1500 and can either use Dubai or UK as my starting point, I'm stumped as to where to go, I'll likely be travelling alone and don't know whether to try a few European cities, go for a relaxing beach type holiday or try something completely different - any suggestions most welcome.

I always wanted to go as far from home as possible from a young age as certain places in Europe didn't appeal to me so much but being not too long back from Barcelona I can honestly say it's as brilliant a place as I have ever been, wish I had more time to spend there.

I always wanted to go as far from home as possible from a young age as certain places in Europe didn't appeal to me so much but being not too long back from Barcelona I can honestly say it's as brilliant a place as I have ever been, wish I had more time to spend there.

Cheers Throbber, I've been to Barcelona before, albeit when I was a lot younger so will consider it now I'm an adult, as I'll likely be on my own I will need to make sure of bus times!!!!I briefly thought about Amsterdam but want to try somewhere new, did think about Lisbon or Porto. So if anyone can comment on those it would be appreciated.

Thanks Monkman, I'll look into those too.
Was considering Sri Lanka so I'll put those in the mix.

Sri Lanka from Dubai is only a short flight and its a great place for either exploring or lying on a beach.

I'm in sort of the same boat. I've 4 weeks to take off before January. I  work in the travel industry so can get cheap flights anywhere east. If Tight John McVeigh is a tit is about I'd be interested to find out where the best places to go travelling alone are. @Tight John McVeigh is a tit

Tell me about the Ladyboys.

11 hours ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Right, so far this year I've used 2 days of my 22 days annual leave and have also accrued a few public holidays which will give me roughly 5 weeks holidays to use before the end of the year.

I'm based in Dubai and will be using a couple of these weeks to visit family in Scotland but I also want to have at least a week somewhere else.

My budget will be around £1500 and can either use Dubai or UK as my starting point, I'm stumped as to where to go, I'll likely be travelling alone and don't know whether to try a few European cities, go for a relaxing beach type holiday or try something completely different - any suggestions most welcome.

Depends on fixtures etc but you could probably manage 2 games in 7 days between Copenhagen, Malmo, Helsingborg and Gothenburg.  Fly to/from either Kastrup or Gothenburg and there are good train connections between the cities.

If you've not been to Scandinavia before you'll love it.  Gorgeous cities, terrific food and accommodating women.  Just ca' canny on the bevvy (like I know ;) ) and it would be close to your budget.

I was going to suggest New Zealand. Its coming into summer. So weather will be decent. Not sure how far £1500 will get you? Is that your whole budget for flights, Accommodation, inward travel and spending money etc..? 

You will be able to get cheaper flights from Dubai. And I suggest maybe 3 weeks there would be a good amount of time.

On 01/10/2016 at 07:44, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'm in sort of the same boat. I've 4 weeks to take off before January. I  work in the travel industry so can get cheap flights anywhere east. If Tight John McVeigh is a tit is about I'd be interested to find out where the best places to go travelling alone are. @Tight John McVeigh is a tit

Tell me about the Ladyboys.

I think SJC is your man for ladyboy advice, but Thailand is ladyboy central.

4 weeks traveling east, depending ehst your after, but Vietnam and Cambodia would be decent shouts. 

37 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

I think SJC is your man for ladyboy advice, but Thailand is ladyboy central.

4 weeks traveling east, depending ehst your after, but Vietnam and Cambodia would be decent shouts. 

I think you'll find @mrcat1990has the forum authority on Ladyboys mate.

From the Tinder thread:

On 9/24/2016 at 05:37, mrcat1990 said:

So tonight after about five months on Tinder I had my first real disaster and what a disaster it was.

With uni season being back on and living in the west end of Glasgow there's suddenly a lot of new women in town. So obviously I've got stuck in and last week met a girl from Thailand doing her masters. Now, obviously everyone makes the ladyboy jokes when you're meeting a Thai girl but you just laugh them off. However while on this date I did notice she had big hands.

I pointed this out to workmates and pals and everyone started filling my head with the idea I was going to be providing fellatio within the coming week. The girl in question invited me up to hers tonight and obviously I was willing to go see what happened.

We watch a bit of tv and as you do start getting off with each other and from there head to the bedroom. First the top comes off and she has obvious fake boobs which should've been a big clue. However I quickly got her jeans off to reveal womenly parts. Looked normal and did the normal things. Huzzah! Or so I thought...

After beginning the initial..ahem...entry and general sex movements I realised that her parts weren't quite as willing to accept my full dick as most vaginas are. At this point came the question "Errm don't take this the wrong way, but did you used to be a dude?". Confirmation was provided and mission was aborted. Told her wasn't particularly cool lying but not too worry and made my sharpish exit.

Stay safe kids. Jaysus.

I was going to suggest New Zealand. Its coming into summer. So weather will be decent. Not sure how far £1500 will get you? Is that your whole budget for flights, Accommodation, inward travel and spending money etc..? 

You will be able to get cheaper flights from Dubai. And I suggest maybe 3 weeks there would be a good amount of time.

Cheers for that, £1500 would be flights & accommodation, spending money on top of that.
I do need to go back to the UK to see family as not been in 2 years so 3 weeks is too long in NZ, the 10 days or so I expect to have as a "holiday" wouldn't do it justice by all accounts.

Archived