Talbot v Beestie Heids

Blackie Gold

This game is now a very poor imitation of what was once one of the greatest derbies at any level. It is now played out like any other game. Has to be to do with Cumnock's demise. Talbot won without ever going through the gears and that has been the story too often. A very poor game but very good goals. God how I yearn for the full on games of the 80s. 

1 hour ago, JIML said:

Yep can confirm the assistant on the side at the big stand believed the Cumnock fans were spitting at him. That's shocking if true. Wasn't the same thing reported at Beith v Cumnock? 

I can confirm I was stood down there and although he took a barrage of abuse there was absolutely no way someone spat at him.  Total nonesense but doesn't surprise me some "officials" will do anything to make this about themselves.

Yep can confirm the assistant on the side at the big stand believed the Cumnock fans were spitting at him. That's shocking if true. Wasn't the same thing reported at Beith v Cumnock? 

If the "assistant " says the Cumnock fans were spitting on him, it would suggest it was more than one person or incident

If you were running the line and you got spat on once, you might let it go in the heat of the game ( although I wouldn't ), but if it was more than once WHY wait till the end of the game to report it

I was down in that corner and never saw anything like that ( not 100% that I couldn't have happened obviously) but, while he was getting belters, I would be very surprised if anybody there would have done that. Most who were standing down in that area, are not your usual morons ( aye even me JIML!!!!!)

This game is now a very poor imitation of what was once one of the greatest derbies at any level. It is now played out like any other game. Has to be to do with Cumnock's demise. Talbot won without ever going through the gears and that has been the story too often. A very poor game but very good goals. God how I yearn for the full on games of the 80s. 

I look forward to games against Beith and Pollok nowadays. Times a changing isabel

When was it last competitive?

In truth, it wasn't much of a game but can't grumble about 3 points gained & 3 goals to the good in goal difference column.

We are only just into October and it's already looking like Cumnock will be fighting the drop come the end of the season.

5 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

I look forward to games against Beith and Pollok nowadays. Times a changing isabel

As do I ma man, but these fixtures don't even come close to the once brilliant powder keg game that brought out the crowds and the passion. These games at one time would have been on most football oriented people's bucket list, now? To be honest they are now just another Saturday! 

Archived