Apprentice 2016

Karpaty

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, ridiculously aggressive interviewers, ridiculously clueless interviewees. I know it's edited for entertainment purposes but not knowing the numbers in your own plan, admitting that you were a bit "spendy happy", missing out the sales forecast page in your plan, lying about the number of businesses you own, not knowing if 5/6 is 90% ... I mean, this is simple stuff.

Grainne was smokin' hot on the follow up programme. 
Rhod did well with his eyes when Jessica came on with a 'dress' with no front on it.  Didn't see one glance down.

That is an understatement Grainne looked stunning.

I expect Courtney to win now. He is effectively Tom from several series ago. His business model will appeal to Sugar. I think he is a lucky boy to have got this far but that matters not one bit. I have been saying for weeks Alana is easily the best candidate. She still is. She interviewed best too and her business is the soundest and highly profitable. But its doubtful if it is seriously scalable and notwithstanding the bizarre choice of Dr Leah and her plastic surgery a few years ago Sugar is more likely to stick with what he knows. If it was a job Alana would be a cert but it isnt and I think Courtney will win it.

12 hours ago, Chris_DK said:

I had no idea Karen Brady is married to Paul Peschisolido.

Really? If you are old enough to actually remember him playing I am surprised at that. Every paper seemed to mention it constantly, especially when both were at Birmingham at the same time.

Its not something mentioned much now since he has been retired for years and her fame far outstrips his now.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I expect Courtney to win now. He is effectively Tom from several series ago. His business model will appeal to Sugar. I think he is a lucky boy to have got this far but that matters not one bit. I have been saying for weeks Alana is easily the best candidate. She still is. She interviewed best too and her business is the soundest and highly profitable. But its doubtful if it is seriously scalable and notwithstanding the bizarre choice of Dr Leah and her plastic surgery a few years ago Sugar is more likely to stick with what he knows. If it was a job Alana would be a cert but it isnt and I think Courtney will win it.

Was Dr Leah not up against the total wid Luisa whose business was cake company & baking accessories? I think that scalability of the bakery business put him off Luisa and he took a punt on Leah. 

If Luisa has kicked on with her baking business and Sugar has kept an eye on it's growth then he would have ready made answers on how to grow up Alanna's business and successfully distribute the products nationwide without impacting on quality and blowing the investment on a fleet of trucks to transport smallish orders to further reaches of the land. 

I've said for a few weeks that Alanna would win but I agree there are some issues with the scalability of her business. The only things I can see working in her favour is what I have said about Luisa's business above, and also the fact that he's also had a year working with Joe the plumber.

Joe's business was of a similar nature i.e. small local business looking to expand wider. For example, you wouldn't phone a plumber in Edinburgh to fit a boiler in Glasgow when there are loads of local plumbers, in the same way you wouldn't get cakes from a bakery in Edinburgh for a party in Glasgow when again there will be local bakers that can do the same job.  Sugar has had a year expanding a business that is probably already well served in the areas it is looking to expand to. It is just a question of whether he can be fucked doing it again in a different sector. 

I suppose as well there is also the chance in Alanna's favour of him picking up the phone to Tesco/Asda/etc and turning her into a commercial bakery with a lucrative supermarket deal for a speedy job done with regards to his ROI.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Really? If you are old enough to actually remember him playing I am surprised at that. Every paper seemed to mention it constantly, especially when both were at Birmingham at the same time.

Its not something mentioned much now since he has been retired for years and her fame far outstrips his now.

I was born in 1993 so that's probably why. Knew Peschisolido from Sheffield Utd but think that was his later career.

Archived