Cowdenbeath v Stirling Albion

It's our 1st visit of the season to Central Park to face a Cowdenbeath side 2 places above us in the League.

After the truly dire performance from the Albion last Saturday against Elgin at home, that has led to Stuart McLaren leaving as manager by Mutual Consent, the question uppermost in most Albion fans mind right now is who will be the next manager.

However given our position 2nd bottom of the League it's vital we try and get something from this game. Martyn Corrigan is the caretaker manager until the Board chose the right man hopefully, so it will be interesting to see how the team performs.

Prediction Cowdenbeath 1 Albion 1 [emoji120]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rhliston said:

It's our 1st visit of the season to Central Park to face a Cowdenbeath side 2 places above us in the League.

After the truly dire performance from the Albion last Saturday against Elgin at home, that has led to Stuart McLaren leaving as manager by Mutual Consent, the question uppermost in most Albion fans mind right now is who will be the next manager.

However given our position 2nd bottom of the League it's vital we try and get something from this game. Martyn Corrigan is the caretaker manager until the Board chose the right man hopefully, so it will be interesting to see how the team performs.

Prediction Cowdenbeath 1 Albion 1 emoji120.png

Your guess is as good as mine, we aren't very good.

I've stopped trying to predict what will happen this season and I'm now at the stage where I just turn up with no expectations.

People can talk about Stuart McLaren all they want and I totally agree he had to go, but there are players at the club who also need to take a good hard look at themselves and buck up their ideas. I'm not in the business of starting a witch hunt, but most Albion fans will know exactly who they are.

Although Martyn Corrigan is taking charge of the next 3-4 games, it's a fresh slate for everyone, and I really hope some of the players take it,. This squad is still good enough to achieve, and there are more than enough games to achieve, a Play off spot, but they have got to start doing the basic right before we can more forward.

It's a time of unrest and it's a time of uncertainty, but we showed earlier in the season that we have the ability so lets just hope that this game kick starts our season.

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I've stopped trying to predict what will happen this season and I'm now at the stage where I just turn up with no expectations.

People can talk about Stuart McLaren all they want and I totally agree he had to go, but there are players at the club who also need to take a good hard look at themselves and buck up their ideas. I'm not in the business of starting a witch hunt, but most Albion fans will know exactly who they are.

Although Martyn Corrigan is taking charge of the next 3-4 games, it's a fresh slate for everyone, and I really hope some of the players take it,. This squad is still good enough to achieve, and there are more than enough games to achieve, a Play off spot, but they have got to start doing the basic right before we can more forward.

It's a time of unrest and it's a time of uncertainty, but we showed earlier in the season that we have the ability so lets just hope that this game kick starts our season.

Important game for both clubs hoping to kick start their season 

Hope Stirling bring through a few but don't know what their away fanbase is like 

The Stirling Albion supporters club are struggling to even find a committee member to go so this could be a new low for the bus numbers.
I've called "on" at the last minute after a week from hell, mainly to see if those players are trying harder for Corrigan than they did for McLaren.
If my theory that the players downed tools to get rid of McLaren and get Corrigan the gig proves correct then I can only apologise for my language in advance.

Albion will be up for this. There is always a bounce after losing a manager. We will need to play well. That is not a given. Before anyone tells me that's negative or not being a proper fan I'm only telling it as it is.

5 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Albion will be up for this. There is always a bounce after losing a manager. We will need to play well. That is not a given. Before anyone tells me that's negative or not being a proper fan I'm only telling it as it is.

Always the worst time to play a side just after a manager has left them as you say there's always a bounce from players who probably downed tools to get rid of him and will now suddenly recapture form now he has gone. As you say we will need to play well this afternoon.

3 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

The Stirling Albion supporters club are struggling to even find a committee member to go so this could be a new low for the bus numbers.
I've called "on" at the last minute after a week from hell, mainly to see if those players are trying harder for Corrigan than they did for McLaren.
If my theory that the players downed tools to get rid of McLaren and get Corrigan the gig proves correct then I can only apologise for my language in advance.

1 hour ago, vince sinclair said:

Always one of the big travelling supports
Sad to hear this

As Vince says sad to see that the Albion away support has died death. Always brought a decent away support to CP in the past.

43 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Just out of interest, when was the last time we had a bounce after losing a manager?

5 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Just out of interest, when was the last time we had a bounce after losing a manager?

When Nicholl came in after Cameron? I think we lost the first game at home to Livingston after being 2-0 up but then went up to Dundee and won 2-1.

19 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

When Nicholl came in after Cameron? I think we lost the first game at home to Livingston after being 2-0 up but then went up to Dundee and won 2-1.

That's right.  Wouldn't call it a bounce though.  We still ended up in the playoffs.  Sure we were bottom heading up to Dens.

Archived