Caley Thistle Thread 1994 - 2017

On 4/19/2017 at 16:28, Savage Henry said:

I'd imagine they are quietly pushing Foran into the background in a player coach, and Malpas will be the manager next season irrespective of what division they are in.

Oh God, I'd rather keep Foran.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I look at it with Foran, he doesn't come across as the person who's going to give up and step down. Seems like a daft decision in hindsight giving him a 4 year deal but then again Inverness have done well with managers recently and many have moved on for compensation to other clubs. Obviously it was a gamble by the board but there's probably clauses in his contract e.g. if he gets relegated he can be told he's no longer required and wouldn't require a payout etc. Maybe the board are waiting for confirmation of relegation(if it does happen) to sack him with no payout. But then again the amount they'd have to pay Foran would be a lot less than the cost of being in the championship next season.

Fer fecks sake Malice Mispass feckin lied and lied on his way to Hibs with Herr Butcher and took them down. The little Judas is on a hiding to nothing and his Kenny Cameron sponsored Heathmount Bar Bill will be more expensive than his wage - that we simply cant afford. If there is a miracle and we survive Judas will become Jhesus but if we go down the ersehole will just say that it is too late. Cant wait to see the team and the selection.

I can see a massive rebuild job ahead for next season no matter what league we're in.

Tansey is off plus Cole, Mckay, King, McCart will be heading back to their parent clubs, Alex Fisher is RUMOURED to have been released :(:( and imho Meekings will be a target for other clubs.  I can see Kevin McNaughton not being offered a new deal as he is too injury prone.

If the worst was to happen and we go down then the rebuild will be even bigger as players like OFW, Mulraney, Draper and Boden would probably leave and so may the entire management team.

The players likely to stay in either scenario are: Cammy Mackay, Brad Mckay, Gary Warren, Carl Tremarco, Iain Vigurs, Dean Ebbe and Jason Brown.

Feel free to add to that if I have missed anyone.

Anyone you'd like to see or are have been rumoured to be coming to us?

I can see a massive rebuild job ahead for next season no matter what league we're in.
Tansey is off plus Cole, Mckay, King, McCart will be heading back to their parent clubs, Alex Fisher is RUMOURED to have been released [emoji20][emoji20] and imho Meekings will be a target for other clubs.  I can see Kevin McNaughton not being offered a new deal as he is too injury prone.

If the worst was to happen and we go down then the rebuild will be even bigger as players like OFW, Mulraney, Draper and Boden would probably leave and so may the entire management team.
The players likely to stay in either scenario are: Cammy Mackay, Brad Mckay, Gary Warren, Carl Tremarco, Iain Vigurs, Dean Ebbe and Jason Brown.

That fills me with dread.
We might never come back up. Depressing days.

9 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

and imho Meekings will be a target for other clubs.

Is he out of contract? 

I think he'd be a decent option for Thistle, with Lindsay probably going and Keown returning to Reading.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Is he out of contract? 

I think he'd be a decent option for Thistle, with Lindsay probably going and Keown returning to Reading.

A couple of seasons ago I was convinced that his next move would be a bigger one than that; an Aberdeen, Hearts or Sevco at the minimum. He was absolutely outstanding between 2013 and 2015: arguably the best the best centre back in the league outside Celtic. He's had a dreadful time with injuries since though, so I suspect that if Thistle were interested, they'd have a lot less competition than they would have had at one time, and a move to Glasgow, staying in the top division, presumably on better money (although probably not as much as he'd hoped to get in his next move) would appeal a lot more than staying with us. If Aberdeen lose Taylor though, I could still see them taking a punt on him, even with the bad injury record.  

20 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Is #Brad not doing quite well for you?

If helping us have the worst defence in the league was the goal then yes, he has done incredibly well for us.

From what I have seen from him, he seems a lot better going forward than he is at defending.

If he stays with us next season I would say he has found his level.

At times at centre-back Mckay seems to be half-decent then gets a bit absent-minded and you can see how he got this reputation of being unreliable.  As mentioned, his best performances this season have been as a right back.  The less said about his showing at left-back and in midfield the better.

In other news, Fisher hasn't been released.

Tansey is off plus Cole, Mckay, King, McCart will be heading back to their parent clubs, Alex Fisher is RUMOURED to have been released [emoji20][emoji20] and imho Meekings will be a target for other clubs.  I can see Kevin McNaughton not being offered a new deal as he is too injury prone.

Jason Brown isn't very good at football

In preseason friendlies and reserve matches over the last couple of years, Brown did seem to be one of the players who did have something about him. Always seemed quite vocal and slotted in well in defence or midfield.

Didn't seem to make much of his time at Arbroath (he was sent back to Caley Thistle as I recall) and he is/was on loan at Cove. I would have expected if he was any good we'd have seen him in our first team in the latter half of this season instead of bringing in Laing and McCart but by the looks of things he hasn't been deemed good enough.

The lairdism of David Sutherland and his factor Kenny Cameron looks to me like a busted flush tonight.

Their civil engineering background of wringing contractual and marginal wins from a position of minimum investment has failed and they should be big enough to concede that their strategy is not appropriate in a football context.

R Foran has been dealt a particularly bad hand and so many senior players have let him down by too much time, but that isn't the root of the cause of this nadir. For that, we have to look towards the core of the club.

You peeps should have listened to me instead of being asses and slating me when I told you all that RF should go, long ago, I was treated like shit well, stuff you all, I told you and you chose to ignore me so its your fault.

Anyway, at least RF had the balls to admit that he and he alone Is to blame for this season.

36 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

You peeps should have listened to me instead of being asses and slating me when I told you all that RF should go, long ago, I was treated like shit well, stuff you all, I told you and you chose to ignore me so its your fault.

Anyway, at least RF had the balls to admit that he and he alone Is to blame for this season.

But RF is not alone !!

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Sad that a so-called fan seems to be enjoying the club's predicament. 

Trust me lad, I'm as pissed off as you, just showing how pissed off I am at fellow fans criticising/hating me at every opportunity you get, what you need is a kick up the arse laddie!!!

I said long, long ago that this dud wasn't up to managing this club but what did I get, criticism so stuff you all.

Its same on CTO, I'm banned for having an opinion, the site owner was another bad bully that hates me.

Archived