Caley Thistle Thread 1994 - 2017

Noticed there's an Inverness Thistle AFC playing in the Inverness Amateurs this season in the top league (one of the teams name changed) They play in the red and black stripped shirts, black shorts as well.
Could be interesting to see how they get on, so far not to bad in the league.

Glory hunter.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Noticed there's an Inverness Thistle AFC playing in the Inverness Amateurs this season in the top league (one of the teams name changed) They play in the red and black stripped shirts, black shorts as well.

Could be interesting to see how they get on, so far not to bad in the league.

I notice that their vice-chairman is a guy who was a few years above me at school and was one of the most vehement and vocal opponents of the merger on the Thistle side. He's probably delighted with yesterday's events.

Pure pished. Sorry to see the ICT go down but I think you'll bounce back.
I was there for the amazing cup win of 2015
and I have an affinity for the Northern Jags.
Haste ye back.
Much love,
jagfox99 x

31 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

I notice that their vice-chairman is a guy who was a few years above me at school and was one of the most vehement and vocal opponents of the merger on the Thistle side. He's probably delighted with yesterday's events.

Not the young guy who tried to get the merger stopped? Forgotten his name, he was about 17 at the time.

30 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Not the young guy who tried to get the merger stopped? Forgotten his name, he was about 17 at the time.

Nah, the guy I'm referring to would have been around 23 in 1993, I think. But I think he was involved in a bid to get the merger stopped, maybe with the younger guy. There's a photo of him and a couple of others in Charlie Bannerman's book. 

13 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

So who are the bad apples then??

No idea but they are pretty pathetic comments from Foran. Given that they seem to be about players he wished had left in January I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was Tansey especially given his "At least I can look at myself and say I tried" comment the other day.

No idea but they are pretty pathetic comments from Foran. Given that they seem to be about players he wished had left in January I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was Tansey especially given his "At least I can look at myself and say I tried" comment the other day.

His man management style seems bizarre i think its fair to say, do you want to move forward with foran?

14 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

His man management style seems bizarre i think its fair to say, do you want to move forward with foran?

It's really odd. I like his honesty to some extent but other times he needs to hold back on his feelings which I guess is hard because he clearly does care for the club a lot. But he swung from praising the players one week to slaughtering them the next. It can't have been good for morale in the squad.

However, I felt after Hamilton thumped us 3 - 0 in January that we were on a very slippery slope and I would have changed things then. Whilst it would have been a shame to have seen a guy who is obviously very passionate about the club getting punted the fact is that relegation is just something we should have done everything in our power to avoid. Dundee and Motherwell made big decisions in canning their managers and they are safe. We stuck with Foran and are deservedly going down.

If he did go I really have no idea who we would get in to replace him. I think Kenny Cameron might resign, Foran will remain in charge and if we are doing really badly by December time we might see him move aside.

Striker Alex Fisher insists there is a united dressing room at Caledonian Stadium despite Inverness boss Richie Foran suggesting a few "bad apples" had hindered their attempts to avoid relegation from the Premiership. (Daily Record, print edition)

Might be added to Foran's "bad apple" list for this comment ?

14 hours ago, CityDave said:

There's going to be a joke yeah if our manager keeps his job, the one about there are two things that would survive a nuclear attack, cockroaches and Richie Foran's 4 year contract. :ph34r:

Only 3 years left to run on that contract now, so by my calculations we could be challenging for a return to the Premiership towards the end of 2020.

It's really odd. I like his honesty to some extent but other times he needs to hold back on his feelings which I guess is hard because he clearly does care for the club a lot. But he swung from praising the players one week to slaughtering them the next. It can't have been good for morale in the squad.

However, I felt after Hamilton thumped us 3 - 0 in January that we were on a very slippery slope and I would have changed things then. Whilst it would have been a shame to have seen a guy who is obviously very passionate about the club getting punted the fact is that relegation is just something we should have done everything in our power to avoid. Dundee and Motherwell made big decisions in canning their managers and they are safe. We stuck with Foran and are deservedly going down.

If he did go I really have no idea who we would get in to replace him. I think Kenny Cameron might resign, Foran will remain in charge and if we are doing really badly by December time we might see him move aside.

I'm not sure I buy this " passionate about the club" stuff. I mean, who else would employ RF as a manager? Isn't he just passionate about clinging to his job?

He allegedly cares for the club a lot but he was touting himself to "higher paying" clubs while playing as our captain and if I know that I daresay the entire squad knows it too.

Aside from feeling Foran shouldn't be going public with comments like that in the first place regardless, do you think it's fair to say some of the squad haven't been putting the effort in? Or is it simply a poor excuse from Foran who's attempting to deflect from his own failings?

Aside from feeling Foran shouldn't be going public with comments like that in the first place regardless, do you think it's fair to say some of the squad haven't been putting the effort in? Or is it simply a poor excuse from Foran who's attempting to deflect from his own failings?

Good managers get the best from people, bad managers don't. Sadly for us and him, RF is a bad manager. His loyalty is doubtful, his tactics are baffling, his player selections are random, his comments are bizarre and as a result performances will suffer, regardless of how committed the players are.

11 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Pure pished. Sorry to see the ICT go down but I think you'll bounce back.
I was there for the amazing cup win of 2015
and I have an affinity for the Northern Jags.
Haste ye back.
Much love,
jagfox99 x

Holy f**k jaggy, are there no limits to your whoring?

Holy f**k jaggy, are there no limits to your whoring?

It's nice to be nice Tam [emoji56]
Oh aye, f**k St Johnstone [emoji211] [emoji106]

I expect Kenny Cameron will be gone pretty soon. Depending on who takes over, Foran could be too. The scale of change I dunno but Cameron's been trying to get out for the last two years. Donnie Fraser was lined up to take over before his health deteriorated, but he would have been a fall guy, given all that's happened.

It's right Cameron goes, but to his credit he's been there for years without taking a wage, something that can't be said of the likes of Bennett, who would be sure to return if Savage does.

The appointment of Ritchie reflects the financial predicament we're in and has bitten us in the ass at last. Things looking bleak IMO, unless someone does decide to put in some serious money. Going to be a busy next few weeks I think...

Archived