Caley Thistle Thread 1994 - 2017

31 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

If things don't quite work out with what's remaining of the season for ict I'm hearing rumours that Terry Butcher has been lined up for a return.

The Inverness Marks and Spencer will be delighted.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, CityDave said:

The Inverness Marks and Spencer will be delighted.

I believe Rita Butcher was always more a Harvey Nichols kind of a lady - in fact that probably had a lot to do with the the move to Hibs.

31 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I believe Rita Butcher was always more a Harvey Nichols kind of a lady - in fact that probably had a lot to do with the the move to Hibs.

That's true, I would think any future managerial appointment taken up by her husband would have to be in proximity to that level of retail experience. Inverness doesn't really have that.

But besides that was there not a lot of tension between Terry Butcher and the board leading up to his departure to Hibs? He does have a fondness for the place and the people but I don't think he would come back into the same situation with the same people running the club, also I don't think he would have the freedom as he did back then.

Yogi also being touted for a return should we fail to beat the drop, God knows how much truth is in that but can see how the media joined the dots there. We all set for today? Dreading it personally

1 hour ago, CityDave said:

That's true, I would think any future managerial appointment taken up by her husband would have to be in proximity to that level of retail experience. Inverness doesn't really have that.

But besides that was there not a lot of tension between Terry Butcher and the board leading up to his departure to Hibs? He does have a fondness for the place and the people but I don't think he would come back into the same situation with the same people running the club, also I don't think he would have the freedom as he did back then.

I certainly didn't agree with everything he did at the club - especially the manner in which he ditched Munro and Duncan, but having said that I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him back in Inverness again - and his old side kick is already in back in place - maybe Steve Marsella could also be persuaded to return.

As you say TB does have a fondness for the place, and he was a very likeable, affable guy.

We can't of course overlook the fact that we already have a man in the job, and for him it's a very secure job with 3 years still to run on his contract.

13 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

Yogi also being touted for a return should we fail to beat the drop, God knows how much truth is in that but can see how the media joined the dots there. We all set for today? Dreading it personally

I'm all set for today and really looking forward to it. There's been quite a few positives from their last few games - and if they can concentrate on these I'm confident they can take 3 points from this. It's what might happen down Hamilton way I'm more worried about. Surely Dundee will get at least a draw?

37 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I certainly didn't agree with everything he did at the club - especially the manner in which he ditched Munro and Duncan, but having said that I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him back in Inverness again - and his old side kick is already in back in place - maybe Steve Marsella could also be persuaded to return.

As you say TB does have a fondness for the place, and he was a very likeable, affable guy.

We can't of course overlook the fact that we already have a man in the job, and for him it's a very secure job with 3 years still to run on his contract.

I've always thought of Foran if he went into management as a chip of the Terry Butcher block, which might also mean while being a great motivator and man manager he could do with a more tactical astute mind besides him to advise and assist. Its not often we come across a manager who can do both brilliantly by himself. Probably Malpas rather than Rice as assistant might have been better suited to guide Foran through his first season while he finds his feet but I suppose that's not the way for football managers, they have to find their own way quickly. I wonder what's happened to Russell Latapy?

46 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'm all set for today and really looking forward to it. There's been quite a few positives from their last few games - and if they can concentrate on these I'm confident they can take 3 points from this. It's what might happen down Hamilton way I'm more worried about. Surely Dundee will get at least a draw?

Calm right now, stress levels will rise as 3 o'clock gets nearer. Predicting that both ourselves and Accies will win, simply down to motivation. I can see us 2-1 up with 5 minutes to go and then we get the dreaded news from NDP that Accies have scored to make it 1-0 sparking off scenes in Hamilton.

All I ask from our team is that we do our part and win the last league game of the season and what happens in Hamilton happens.

I'll probably stay away from here tonight if we lose to Motherwell.

Archived