Wasps Vs Diamonds

How f**kn easy is it?  A proper centre half and a bit more dig in the middle for a start.

6-8 weeks of self inflicted torture and loads of fans lost before we start to get things righted that didn't need sorted in the first place!

A bit more dig ? Leighton showed more determination than the midfield today.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did we lose that game chance after chance after chance 

Crawley puts that away early doors and it's a different game 

We need to start taking our chances if not it's going to be a long hard season 

Airdrie have a top class keeper in Ferguson 

3 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

How did we lose that game chance after chance after chance 

Crawley puts that away early doors and it's a different game 

We need to start taking our chances if not it's going to be a long hard season 

Airdrie have a top class keeper in Ferguson 

I agree Alloa had a lot of chances but the ball has to end up in the net. An early goal might well have given you an edge but once airdrie scored, despite all your possession( and it did look good) I thought we might catch you on the break. We did and should have done twice more but "chance after chance" was missed.  I liked your left sided players but very little came down the right. This league might be reverting to " its a funny old game" scenario whilst Brechin sneak away with the top spot? Ferguson is a good goalie but if you had seen some of the scary stuff we have, you might be glad to have Parry?

A

4 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

I think you are a top four side . You might just see some news on a new manager in the next few weeks 

Cant say any more !!!

A new manager for who? Jack Ross to Paisley? If it is Airdrie I hope it is not one of the usual managerial merry go rounds but I await further news from you. I also agree that the top four will come from Alloa/Livingstone/Brechin and if Airdrie apply themselves to proper defending the yes, it could be us. However don't write off Albion.

Wasp 1 listening into conversations through the wall with a glass again and posting shite.

Alloa need to change our formation to two up top from the start as it just not working spence up front himself left isolated on several occasions. Lots of possession and passing across the park with no real cutting edge. Pushed a number of players up at end and just got in each other's road.

1 hour ago, Wilkinson1998 said:

I think today confirms what I'd been thinking for a while now. Longworth and Alloa are just not a good pairing. He obviously has ability as his record speaks for itself but for whatever reason it's really not showing this season.

Really gutted with the result today as there was a good 5/6 chances in the first half that I reckon would've been in the net any other day but credit to the keeper he played an amazing game.

Second half was frustrating as we looked good in spells but bar our goal didn't think we threatened much in the final 3rd second half.

Seen Alloa play a lot worse and still win this season so well played to Airdrie there.

The keeper Rohan Ferguson was my motm.

It does, 21 goals in the last 2 seasons for a side that finished 2nd and then 4th isn't very impressive at all. As I said at the start of the season, he's a bog standard League One striker who'll get you 10 goals a season. He's proven in the last 2 years he's not of the quality required to get a team promoted, it was Stranraer's lack of quality up front that cost them promotion in the last 2 seasons. He wasn't even starting for lots of last season if I remember correctly. With that in mind it was a strange signing by Alloa, who otherwise recruited really well.

Great result today, and no surprise we are more secure with Gorman at the back and Fitzpatrick not. Still find it strange that the non-footballing reasons that meant Gorman wasn't playing suddenly disappeared 45 minutes into last week's game, but guess it's time to let it go. We have a very winnable set of fixtures coming up, really need to make the most of them.

By the way, Spence trying to nip in and score when Alloa returned the ball after we'd put it out to allow treatment to an injured player?

I really wish more teams would do that. Can't be arsed with teams trying to manipulate things when a player goes down injured. Why not just let the ref apply the laws correctly.

Especially bad when a player doesn't even need treatment, like Ryan today, and it is done just to allow him to be substituted.

By the way, Spence trying to nip in and score when Alloa returned the ball after we'd put it out to allow treatment to an injured player?

Good on him. Putting balls out for injured player does my head in. It's a joke. Just get on with it. If it's bad enough the ref can stop it. I'd love to know what these physios do. Folk rolling about like they've been shot but running about like greyhounds after 10 secs in the presence of the magic physio.

I don't think the rest of the Alloa team knew he was going to do it,nor the Airdrie players at the throw in who stood back to let the Alloa player send it through to Ferguson, only for Spence to chase it.I don't like the whole " put it out" plays but most teams do give it back unchallenged.There was also a situation in the first half when the Ref stopped play for an Alloa injury and once it was sorted out, he let Parry kick the ball directly up the park for an attack: was it not supposed to be a dropped ball etc?

In my view spence done nothing wrong told your bench he was not given the ball back.
Terry Christie used to write a letter to all the teams in the league at start of season advising his team would not be putting the ball out if an opposition player was injured it was up to ref to make the decision.

The ref was shocking for both sides today got no help from his stand side linesman a couple incidents in front of him and never put his flag up or gave any indication of support to the ref.

Archived