Wasps Vs Diamonds

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell will be suspended, won't he?

Hard to see past a fairly comfortable Alloa win, here.  The only sign of hope is that Airdrie do sometimes get a result when on a poor run of form and playing much better teams.  Pretty much the ultimate in straw-clutching, really. 

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I still have nightmares of Allan Creer and a six-goal home battering. Thankfully we live in different times.

He said, crossing his fingers...

That was a sore one, the club made a huge effort to get the new (old) pitch ready then we got humped. Jelly on the bench which seems crazy looking back. I do remember however being at the Recs to see Alloa beat Airdrie 6-0. It helped that Airdrie had signed a new team a few days earlier. 4 goals from Ross Hamilton that night! 

Expecting a tough game on Saturday. The players must have been hugely frustrated to come away from Stenny with just a point and will know they should have won. It was a big week though and they put a lot into it. They have a wee break now and hopefully they can put it all behind them and get back to winning ways.

Would be handy if Russell is indeed suspended given he always scores against us. If Danny Lennon is playing centre half, even better. 

Would be handy if Russell is indeed suspended given he always scores against us. If Danny Lennon is playing centre half, even better. 

Well he was sent off at the weekend it was 2 yellows aswell which cant be appealed, yeah hope danny is at centre half aswell [emoji23][emoji23]

8 hours ago, Waspie said:

That was a sore one, the club made a huge effort to get the new (old) pitch ready then we got humped. Jelly on the bench which seems crazy looking back. I do remember however being at the Recs to see Alloa beat Airdrie 6-0. It helped that Airdrie had signed a new team a few days earlier. 4 goals from Ross Hamilton that night! 

I think Jell was injured in the opening game of that season against Peterhead. Seem to recall him being replaced at half time.

Alloa should beat us comfortably.
Gorman to start. Mcintosh dropped to accommodate our hopeless captain in midfield, making our midfield the slowest in Scottish football. Brown to keep his place, spend the afternoon shiting out of tackles and hiding on the touchline. Leitch and conroy to start brightly then go missing in midfield as per. Miby nick a goal if alloa take it easy.

9 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I think Jell was injured in the opening game of that season against Peterhead. Seem to recall him being replaced at half time.

That makes sense, I was looking at an old programme and trying to work out how Creer could have been keeping Jelly out of the team :)

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

That makes sense, I was looking at an old programme and trying to work out how Creer could have been keeping Jelly out of the team :)

All this talk of Jell is making me misty eyed. What a magnificent custodian. The days before we just signed Airdries keeper by default. Who is Airdries keeper this season? Chances are he'll be at Alloa next summer. Current version is fairly good though.

Also, I won't be at this game.  It's my wee nephew's birthday party, so I'll be playing with Lego and eating cake.  Therefore, 5-1 to the Diamonds. 

I won't be there either. Not because I'm at a child's birthday party (sounds much better than watching Airdrie), but because I'm utterly scunnered with things at the moment.

Archived