Saints Vs Bairns (live on BBC Alba) 1st October 2016

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the end of the world dropping points yesterday considering the results of the teams around us.  We really should have taken the 3 points with the chances we had (and a slightly questionable officiating decision), but considering we only deserved a point last week these things balance out over the season. 13 points from the last 15 now, Hibeesbounce = shiteing it 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not the end of the world dropping points yesterday considering the results of the teams around us.  We really should have taken the 3 points with the chances we had (and a slightly questionable officiating decision), but considering we only deserved a point last week these things balance out over the season. 13 points from the last 15 now, Hibeesbounce = shiteing it 

Long way to go but I'd be surprised if the current top 5 aren't the same come May albeit in different current positions.

1 hour ago, thelocalcat said:

Not quite as good a wee game as I was hoping, don't think we should've dropped the Hippo. Rankin is alright but we were basically back to the same line-up that saw us pumped off QOTS. No ground lost though. TITLE CHALLENGE.

Hippo was injured during week and we weren't pumped off QOS.

Still don't think Rankin and Kerr can play together, would've liked to have seen Craigen given a run central with Kerr, if Taiwo is right in there, it's adaptable during the game

We need to have a killer instinct, McHugh was unlucky again though.
This had to be the worst St Mirren side I've seen for a number of years yet we still managed to fluff 2 valuable points.
We now have a break from the league and then it's Farid and the mighty Pars...What type of reception do you think he'll get, worse still if he scores AND celebrates?
Fucking unbelievable!!![emoji5][emoji15][emoji45][emoji35]

On 02/10/2016 at 08:29, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Title challenge :lol:

On 02/10/2016 at 08:45, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Imagine all pre-season giving it big licks about being title challengers and the "ginger God" only to be out the title race before the clocks go back :lol:

On 02/10/2016 at 09:17, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Nope, celebrations are still for May. Thank you.

7e5806a8607099b66740c446f9218ace.jpg

On what planet would st.mirren be considered title challengers :lol:

On 02/10/2016 at 10:54, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Don't think anyone considered us challengers in the first season m8

What an absolute mess of a poster/person. That Ayr game really did break you. In your 40s as well ffs.

Have to say I was surprised at how average Falkirk looked considering the standard of opposition they were up against.

Also thought it was a tad rich for Houston to moan about Saints only having 2 shots on goal during the 90 minutes, when Falkirk's goal came from a shot that wasn't even on target.

Unexpected point for us though, and at the end of the table we're at, single points might make a big difference between 8th, 9th and 10th at the end of the season.

Really did not expect us to end the first round of games with 4, 5 or 7 points (and let's face it, it's more likely to be 4), and we need a serious turn around to make sure we stay in this league.

18 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Have to say I was surprised at how average Falkirk looked considering the standard of opposition they were up against.

Also thought it was a tad rich for Houston to moan about Saints only having 2 shots on goal during the 90 minutes, when Falkirk's goal came from a shot that wasn't even on target.

Unexpected point for us though, and at the end of the table we're at, single points might make a big difference between 8th, 9th and 10th at the end of the season.

Really did not expect us to end the first round of games with 4, 5 or 7 points (and let's face it, it's more likely to be 4), and we need a serious turn around to make sure we stay in this league.

We're a solid side this season but lack that bit extra wee had last year with Vaulks and Alston in the side. Fortunately Queens apart none of the other clubs seem to have improved either so we'll probably manage a playoff spot again this season hopefully.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I really dont think after the pre season pessimism that we should be doubting our ability to make a play off place. We are probably a good right midfielder away from being back to a genuinely good championship side again.

But Tommy T is filling in ok there, the current issue for me is that Housty needs to realise Kerr and Rankin together doesnt work. I like both guys, but not together. Kerr or Rankin with Sibbs or Craigen for me. Id be interested in seeing Taiwo staying on the right and putting Craigen central. Id like to see how he took to that role. I think he would do it well and would give us some good forward drive through the centre.

Agree m8.

Archived