Big Sam

LinkinFighter

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harry Redknapp apparently found out his players had bet on themselves to win a match and didn't report it to the FA.

Got a feeling this is all going to be a bit of a letdown.  If this is all they can get on Harry then there can't be that much serious.

19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Harry Redknapp apparently found out his players had bet on themselves to win a match and didn't report it to the FA.

Got a feeling this is all going to be a bit of a letdown.  If this is all they can get on Harry then there can't be that much serious.

It's still a major breach of FA rules and therefore serious. How many times did Redknapp allow his players to ignore the rules.?

A lot of these scoops are extremely underwhelming. His players bet on their own team to win and he didn't report it. What manager in their right mind would report his players for that and have them get banned for important league games in a business where him keeping his job relies on results on the pitch, which becomes a lot harder if you have 3/4/5/10 players suspended.

I agree. What we've basically found out is people in a business take bungs. Struth, who knew? Oh yes, everyone.

I appreciate it's illegal but it goes on in most businesses I expect and is hardly earth shattering corruption. I expect it's only against the law as the government are missing out on their share. The Telegraph should be aiming their bungs and fraud investigations at the real crooks in goverment again, local authorities, bankers etc, sectors that genuinely effect people's lives rather than join in the 'rid football of it's lads culture' campaign. Priorities.

Couldn't disagree more.

Corruption is corruption. Finding proof is incredibly difficult and incredibly important.

I want the press targeting high level corruption wherever it's found. Quite simple.

24 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Couldn't disagree more.

Corruption is corruption. Finding proof is incredibly difficult and incredibly important.

I want the press targeting high level corruption wherever it's found. Quite simple.

It is a quite simple principle and you're right of course but there are far more important sectors needing addressed before football. They'd be better off taking some local authority decision makers out for a meal, plough them with drink, get them to shoot their mouths off re awarding contracts and filming them. Football isn't really that high level in the great scheme of things. 

According to the guardian podcast Nigel Pearson was suspended for almost punching the Chairman, rather than anything dodgy to do with this investigation.

What an absolute nutcase he is.

I'm telling you, he has dead bodies in his shed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived