Big Sam

LinkinFighter

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the FA wanted rid of sam for another reason, and "hired these undercover reporters" themselves to trap him, these kind of things always stink to f**k.

I doubt that. By the looks of things the papers have got in touch with every manager in the top two flights of English football to see who's willing to talk and who's not.

That's why I don't feel sorry for him. He had no reason to agree to a meeting and no reason to speak the way he did.

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt that. By the looks of things the papers have got in touch with every manager in the top two flights of English football to see who's willing to talk and who's not.

That's why I don't feel sorry for him. He had no reason to agree to a meeting and no reason to speak the way he did.

Possibly, he certainly wasn't chosen at random. But I think they'll have had a list of hot favourites to target, based on tip offs.

4 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Fair point. Strachan's record at Middlesborough, after he succeeded Southgate, was woeful. Southgate delivered Premier League football for a few seasons. Boro were relegated but in a Championship play-off position when Southgate was sacked. They were around 20th when Strachan resigned. 

It's an irrelevant point, not a fair one. People are happy because they think that Southgate is a worse manager than Allaradyce, and if you think this then what has happened is good news for Scotland, no matter who is in charge for us.

His reputation is no less and no more than it was a week ago.  It was fairly common knowledge that he liked the old pound note, after that BBC Panorama investigation.  

Not sure about this tbh....hes been after the England gig for years. Don't see him walking away so meekly if they didn't gave him pretty much bang to rights. He's easily brazen enough to front most things out with zero sense of shame.eta quoted wrong paragraph cos I'm on fone....but you get gist of it.

The Barnsley assistant manager? It's hardly the Watergate Scandal, is it?

Hopefully some bigger names to follow but I hear the Rochdale tea-lady was looking nervous this week.

Caught with asda smart price teabags when the club are invoiced for Tetley.

Further unsubstantiated rumours that the biscuits were out of date.

There's been a lot of 'oh it's only Barnsley' chat. I think what the telegraph have done here is really clever. They've illustrated how easily it can be done, with actual cash. Imagine they tried o replicate that in the premier league, they would have needed at least 10 times that about in cash, you'd imagine. And at the end of the tommy wright video he changes his mind and asks for another 5k. You'd imagine that's common practice in these situations so stinging a premier league manager might have required 100k in cash, at which point the telegraph would be fairly stretching it.

What they've done is say 'look, it's easy to bribe people in football with actual cash' it's an illustration, that's my thoughts anyway.

The amount of people absolutely fuming at the 'gutter journalism' is unreal. Surely this is of public interest given the amount of money the general public spend on football in this country?

8 hours ago, KingQuerrey said:

Telegraph have a paywall up after you've viewed one article a day.

Didn't take long, did it? Kents.

They've always had that.

Archived