The Great P&B bake off

Grim O'Grady

I was given a quorn lasagna once without knowing. I could tell there was something not quite right with it, like they'd put something weird in it by accident. It was ok, not great, but ok. They eventually fessed up. It's edible but it's a poor substitute for the real thing.

A big crowd of carnivores had quorn lasagne at my house a while ago, and nobody noticed until they were told it wasn't meat. It's all in the way it's cooked [emoji265][emoji265][emoji265]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bob the tank said:

A big crowd of carnivores had quorn lasagne at my house a while ago, and nobody noticed until they were told it wasn't meat. It's all in the way it's cooked emoji265.pngemoji265.pngemoji265.png

I agree. My favourite chilli is one made by a veggie (a pal's wife). Had it a couple of times before I realised there was no meat in it. 

It's been called for...

here's my  entry. (You know the gif). 

It's a Quorn "chicken" jalfrezi, with mushrooms, chopped onions, chickpeas, carrots & peas on a bed of basmati rice. 

Piece of pish to make all ingredients bought from Morrisons. 

Cheap as chips serves 4. 

I recommend a nice drop of Chianti with it. 

NEXT....

Grimbo 

image.jpeg

Not really on a bed of basmati if its all mixed together, is it?

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Not really on a bed of basmati if its all mixed together, is it?

Which brings us to the next question. If it's been mixed in on that plate why is there no residue around the awful looking meal?

I think it's been a farmfoods microwave meal emptied straight onto the best plate he's got. Which frankly should be a lot better considering he had over 10 grand to buy new ones.

46 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Which brings us to the next question. If it's been mixed in on that plate why is there no residue around the awful looking meal?

I think it's been a farmfoods microwave meal emptied straight onto the best plate he's got. Which frankly should be a lot better considering he had over 10 grand to buy new ones.

Very straight edges to the pile too... It's definitely straight out of a container.

56 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Tree if you'd bothered to read my OP you'd understand that the rice was mixed in during the "baking" stage in the pan, simmering whilst I opened the vino, I did wipe a wee bit of residue off the plate prior to the pic being taken but it's quite gloopy so no much residue tbh, if it was a micro meal there'd have been far more residue all over the place. I am affronted that my minimal baking skills should be called in to question? 

The plates were her domain, if it was left to me they would have just been plain white or enameled white with a blue edged trim? So if you have a problem with the plates take it up with my missus. 

Grimbo 

4 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Tree if you'd bothered to read my OP you'd understand that the rice was mixed in during the "baking" stage in the pan, simmering whilst I opened the vino, I did wipe a wee bit of residue off the plate prior to the pic being taken but it's quite gloopy so no much residue tbh, if it was a micro meal there'd have been far more residue all over the place. I am affronted that my minimal baking skills should be called in to question? 

The plates were her domain, if it was left to me they would have just been plain white or enameled white with a blue edged trim? So if you have a problem with the plates take it up with my missus. 

Grimbo 

I'll give her arse an extra slap on Saturday. 

53 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

The biggest disgrace to come out of the entire suspect housefire and crispy pet saga, is that he chose to purchase them plates with the insurance payout.

f**k you, you c**t. ;)

Grimbo 

Archived