PES 2017

Dindeleux

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've still not played FIFA 17 either, loving this so far though. Gameplay is so addictive. My only worry is that it'll get a bit boring doing the Master League, as I hate PES online and the Be a Pro mode, whereas FIFA have about three or four modes I could play.

I mainly do BAL mode with a bit of master league thrown in. Don't bother with online because it just winds me up.

Took it round to my brothers last night, we had 4 absolute belting games. So much fun. He won the first 2 and I won the next 2.

The keepers are so much better, even if he scored a couple of rebounds from saves.

Gameplay feels smooth and no robotic feel at all, collisions and tackles feel more natural. I can see why it's been getting high ratings now, against the CPU it's meh but playing against your pals etc it's stunning.

I'm actually enjoying games against the computer, but only on the highest level. They use certain players so well its almost scary. Glenn Murray is one of the hardest strikers I've come across as he uses his body so well.

• 4 weeks later...

I've finished uploading stuff for all the club teams and mixed all the leagues up, adding my own fictional team in.

I've played the first five or six games of a Master League and I'm absolutely loving it. Only won one game mind and had a couple of absolute drubbings :lol: 

Anyone else play the BAL mode? Total nightmare with injuries. Any sort of tackle from behind ends up injuring my player for months at a time. Even edited the training regime to make my player more physical but it's made no difference over 2 seasons.

Obviously just a glaring bug which is a shame because it's my favourite mode.

The online play has vastly improved I must admit. Will probably spend more time on that if the BAL mode doesn't get sorted.

The amount of decent players you can sign as free agents in master league is unreal. There's a 20 year old Croatian attacking midfielder, Halanovic or something along those lines. A must sign, he improves every game.

Edit: also signed Quintero on a free as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 05/10/2016 at 19:32, Dindeleux said:

So.........for those who have played both games are you saying PES or FIFA?  I still haven't bought either this year.

sorry for the long bump but PS had this on sale for 16 quid so having got fifa with my PS4 and now tried PRO evo i must say pro evo is so much soother and more fluid in its gameplay, try stringing 10 passes together in fifa and then try it in pro evo,

both have their merits, but im much more interested in pro evo now after a day of playing it as it seems just a better gameplaying game

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Open beta in ps4 for Pes 2018 just now. 

Haven't managed to have a go yet but encouraging that they're having an open beta as it's online play is what has let the last 2 games down badly. 

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

It feels pretty good online.

Slight touch of button lag atm but theres an update dropping on Wednesday that promises to sort this.

Faster than normal matchmaking too

I think I read somewhere that this isn't the actual final game anyway, it's an old version and all they are looking to test is the online. I've really enjoyed the past three PES games, the great reviews were all pretty justified in my opinion, though the same old problems with online and menus, etc remain. Hopefully they can sort that out for this one, as the gameplay from 2017 was excellent.

14 hours ago, GAD said:

I think I read somewhere that this isn't the actual final game anyway, it's an old version and all they are looking to test is the online. I've really enjoyed the past three PES games, the great reviews were all pretty justified in my opinion, though the same old problems with online and menus, etc remain. Hopefully they can sort that out for this one, as the gameplay from 2017 was excellent.

You are right, I read that not long after I posted.

The build in this beta is from May.

Hopefully they won't have the initial option file issues that landed with the last game. Loading one on day one was an unnecessarily difficult pain in the arse. Much better once they sorted it.

• 1 month later...

I am a pes veteran but have really struggled to 'get' this years version. I actually ended up turning to the dark side and getting fifa. I found pes really really defensive and every game was a complete park the bus affair by cpu. Master league also needs a serious freshen up and that is the mode I exclusively play.

6 hours ago, Dunlop Don said:

I am a pes veteran but have really struggled to 'get' this years version. I actually ended up turning to the dark side and getting fifa. I found pes really really defensive and every game was a complete park the bus affair by cpu. Master league also needs a serious freshen up and that is the mode I exclusively play.

How did you manage to go from the flowing pes football to fifas inbred players, i tried fifa first and when i played pes i couldn't believe how much smoother it was playing actual football

Archived