Hibs vs Dundee United

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be able to make this one, bit disappointed it's an early kick off on a Sunday but that's life.

United seem a bit erratic so far this season.  Certainly according to a mate of mine who's a big Utd fan they've been frustrating to watch and haven't really got going yet under the new regime, although there's evident progress from the Mixu days I'm told (unsurprisingly).

Some folk I know were moaning about not getting the three points at Palmerston, wasn't there so can't really comment as to how justifiable that is but getting a draw after being down to 10 for so long away from home against a team in form seems like a creditable enough performance to me.  Hopefully this miniature "slump" if you can call it that will end next weekend and we'll lay down a marker against what should be (on paper) our nearest rivals for the title.  I'd like to think we'll manage to keep 11 men on the park for the full 90 for a change as well, that'd certainly be helpful.

3-2 Hibs after a free-flowing, attacking game and some comedy defending from both sides.

Would like to see Shinnie come back in to the midfield for Boyle with Holt coming back in up front. Will be interesting to see what we do with the left back position as well, either take a slight risk and chuck in Crane or move Hanlon across and play Forster. Think we might go with the latter. 

Andreu will be dangerous for them. No idea how it'll end up but we could really do with a win. 

They have drawn with QoS and lost to Ayr in their last two home games. They may be favourites but we are hardly talking about a 1950's Eintracht Frankfurt here.

^^^Hipster found.

We were winning against Ayr when the ref bizarrely decided to give Bartley a red card, and a point away to QoS with 10 men for half an hour is a reasonable result.

Expect a comfy win here. Would help if we could stop missing sitters though.

Archived