Hibs vs Dundee United

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

We were utterly awful in the first half, which was no surprise to me when I saw the starting 11. Flood, Murdoch, Obadeyi, Smith and Robson would improve it no end.

Fraser must have run with his head down into a group of Hibs players about 6 times.

Robson's brutal surely. Saw him playing for the u20s on Tues night and he was torn a new one by a youngster who hasn't one single appearance in our first team. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Robson's brutal surely. Saw him playing for the u20s on Tues night and he was torn a new one by a youngster who hasn't one single appearance in our first team. 

He has looked decent in the first team and didn't deserve to be dropped when Dixon came back in. Dixon looks a weak link, and that's saying something with our defence.

Got to be happy with a point given we were awful most of the game. Thought Billy Edge had a good game with the defence in whole looking a little more solid than recent times. Even at this level Murray must be no more than an impact sub, following a decent end to last season I was really hoping he would kick on this season but no. Desperately need to bring in a striker who can link the play. Very poor performance from Van Der Velden again who started the season looking a class act but his form has dipped badly.

I can understand Arabs having a go at Murray but he wasn't the worst player in a United shirt.  How Fraser and Spittal were allowed to be on the pitch for the whole game baffles me.

I'm not sure if our point is deserved but I'll take it.  Next two league games against the bottom two clubs, we really need to start putting points on the board or be in danger of a huge gap developing between ourselves on QoS and Hibs.

I can understand Arabs having a go at Murray but he wasn't the worst player in a United shirt.  How Fraser and Spittal were allowed to be on the pitch for the whole game baffles me.

I'm not sure if our point is deserved but I'll take it.  Next two league games against the bottom two clubs, we really need to start putting points on the board or be in danger of a huge gap developing between ourselves on QoS and Hibs.

To be fair that's the worst I've seen Murray play and Fraser was OK. Spittal just doesn't look like his heart is in it. Thinking back to some games last season (Dunfermline in the cup) shows there is player in there.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fraser was out best player second half tbh

Murray is genuinely junior level 

Fraser wasn't great first half, but in the second half he was very good. VdV was very poor, and Simon Murray is not a footballer. Smith and Obadeyi made a huge difference when they came on.

For all the possession Hibs had, they didn't create too many chances. I expected more from them tbh. Cummings was awful.

Shinnie was fucking horrendous. Was a proper shitebag performance, the kind that seen us relegated. Maybe all those fans who get on Holt's back will stop. No physical presence at all up top and Cummings does nothing when he doesn't score goals.

Aye, Shinnie was completely anonymous. McGinn had an absolute howler again, gave the ball away far too cheaply.

Really lucky to get a point today, could have been 3 to hibs at half time easily. Our shape is far far too narrow, hibs we're having most luck when they were getting balls out wide and stretching us. Thought we only looked any good when obadeyi and smith came on. Murray must never start again.
Positives would be that I thought edge was excellent and bar one moment of madness in the second half Durnan looked a lot more solid with someone remotely competent beside him. Thought Fraser was really good, if there was any decent outlet up front for him I think more people would see that

Archived