Kilmarnock vs Aberdeen

3 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Just rewatched that penalty decision. Was confused at the time and seeing it again it was a bizarrely terrible decision.

Btw did Killie shrink the pitch just for us or has it been like that all season?

It's been like that since 1st league game of the season. It's Lee Clark's master plan to improve our disgraceful home record. 

I've absolutely no idea how you couldn't work that out for yourself to be honest.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been like that since 1st league game of the season. It's Lee Clark's master plan to improve our disgraceful home record. 

I've absolutely no idea how you couldn't work that out for yourself to be honest.

Thanks, no need to get so upset.

3 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Thanks, no need to get so upset.

:D

I'm upset at Lee Clark's masterplan. Hence the irony, tongue was firmly in cheek after our home record took another pounding yesterday. 

Wasn't there so can't make too much comment other than well done dons, sounds like a good performance and great result.

Collum making a cock up is hugely surprising. At least he favoured us for once.

On the Union Jack flag, it is definitely meant as a wind up. It was made during the Scottish referendum by a group of guys who are very pro union to wind up the yes voting element of our support.

Don't like it myself as it's antagonistic more than anything else but no point getting upset by it.

On the Union Jack flag, it is definitely meant as a wind up. It was made during the Scottish referendum by a group of guys who are very pro union to wind up the yes voting element of our support.

Tragic. The Vanguard Sheep?

Lee Clark seems a stand up guy. He took that result right on the chin yesterday. I would expect managers to react with this type of response:

"Goals change games. It was never a penalty. After Aberdeen made a strong start, we contained them and were coming back into the game. The ref gave it, and after scoring their heads were up. After that we were always going to be up against it. Two poor goals conceded at corners was disappointing. We've got to do better there."

Fair play to Clark, he brushed off the penalty decision and took full responsibility for the result. I hope he turns things around for Killie.

The leg room in the away stand is shockingly bad BTW. First place i have been that is worse than the south stand at Pittodrie. 

25 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

The leg room in the away stand is shockingly bad BTW. First place i have been that is worse than the south stand at Pittodrie. 

Same in the East Stand, if it's any consolation. My mate is 6'5" and ideally he needs two seats either side of him free for clearance. 

11 hours ago, AMMjag said:

No idea what MacDonald was doing at that first goal, but he's gifted Aberdeen a penalty. The third he's too busy trying to push a player out the way rather than looking at the flight of the ball, and the fourth rolls over his foot and into the net. Such a relief for fellow relegation candidates that he's a certainty to start every week.

Why do Partick fans try so, so, so hard to criticise MacDonald? 

It was never a penalty either.

definite pen. No foul by Maddison. Keeper shat out of a 60 40 in his favour and spilled the ball. There was contact but contact isn't a foul. No danger, no excessive force, no recklessness, no tripping, pushing or handball. What was the foul?

Keeper then compounds his incompetence with a rugby tackle.

The keeper is usually given more protection, granted. They do usually go for the ball in a more manly fashion though.

Absolute stick on penalty.

No Union flags in the away end.

Maddison quiet and unimpressive, hope we get Hayes and McGinn back on corners soon so we can waste a player on a short one then give the ball away like the good old days.

Killie could have taken something out of that and have the right to feel unlucky.

Michael Johnstone in the crowd, killie fans just shat out of protesting.

All this I can confirm from my perfect and unrestricted vantage point.

watching-nuclear-explosion (4)_thumb[2].jpg

Very enjoyable display yesterday all in from us. Maddison was absolutely outstanding while Hayes and McGinn had a field day.

Lee Clark was absolutely spot on when he said it was men against boys. That was in the dugout too where he set Kilmarnock up far too openly. Whilst the penalty was fortunate in that Maddison got away with a tackle on the keeper that is never normally allowed, the goal had been coming.

Maddison's celebration to the East Stand when Rooney scored the penalty was glorious.

Second and third goals excellent takes by Considine and Taylor while the fourth was the third in three poor finishes by Rooney that somehow went in.

Very little of note defensively which is always pleasing. Overall, we absolutely love playing on the surface at Rugby Park. Suits us with passing more than any other surface. While it gives the players sore joints, they sure as hell produce some excellent stuff on it.

Thought Kilmarnock had turned the corner after watching them against Sevco but perhaps not. All the best with getting Johnston out lads.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Disassociating politics/flags from what football team you support is supposed to set us diddies apart from they two clubs.

Clearly the unionist element in our support never got that memo, which is a pity as those c***s would feel right at home with the sevconians.

Good record against Kilmarnock. There was a while where it felt like we kept losing to them so it's nice to get so many wins in a row against them.

Clearly the unionist element in our support never got that memo, which is a pity as those c***s would feel right at home with the sevconians.

What a bizarre comment, I'm sure the vast majority of yes and no voting Dons fans have absolutely no interest in bringing it to Aberdeen games, one Aberdeen themed Union flag doesn't change that, nor do people wearing Yes badges to games. Supporting the team is the common theme, nothing else and none of that stuff matters at games. Can't say I've once felt any sort of political feeling creeping into our support in the way it has with the bigot brothers.

That penalty decision is laughable :lol: Bit sad to see a kid as talented as Maddison throwing himself to the ground so often. He did it a couple of times against ICT the other week as well. Killie fans getting as good as St Mirren and Dundee fans for a good old boo during a game.

Archived