Ayr v Dunfermline (£5 a head Donald Cameron memorial match)

A large crowd expected for this bottom half clash.

League splitting in two by the looks of it now so has all the makings already for a six pointer.

Should be a few more Pars fans making he trip surely after last nights goal fest?

Ayr unlucky at Falkirk after getting the spoils at Easter Road

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this one. £5 entry so no excuse not to turn out for a great cause and show your respect for Donald Cameron, not to mention that it's an important game for both teams as they aim to be the better of the bottom half teams come the end of the season. Good result for pars yesterday - against an albeit confidence shot Saints team - as we were robbed at least a point at Falkirk, however it's the goals that count and we need to be clinical at this level and make the most of our dominance in spells of games.

Thought Robbie Crawford was outstanding yesterday and he has certainly given Mccall food for thought as Adams comes back into the squad next weekend. Nisbet done fairly well up front again and I'd stick with him however for me Harkins needs to step up a bit more, he has drifted out of the past 2 games but there's no denying that when he turns it on, he can win you games.

Going to be a good atmosphere with hopefully a big crowd and I hope Ayr can get the win and begin to try and create a gap between bottom place and themselves. No doubt that Pars have a dangerous attacking line but they also have a shaky backline and their defending yesterday was pretty poor at times.

Going for 3-2 Ayr with Nisbet, Gilmour and Harkins all scoring for us.

Likewise looking at your highlights your defending looked shocking, was surprised at that.

We lost the first game against Ayr last season and still ended up nearly 20 points ahead, I'd take that again, the players do seem to enjoy games against Ayr though so who knows.

Geggan to score, Cardle to get some seethe going.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Likewise looking at your highlights your defending looked shocking, was surprised at that.

We lost the first game against Ayr last season and still ended up nearly 20 points ahead, I'd take that again, the players do seem to enjoy games against Ayr though so who knows.

Geggan to score, Cardle to get some seethe going.

While the winner was poor defending; at that point in the game you're just desperate to get the ball back and not defending properly. Defence dealt with Morton fairly easily; and must have dealt with Hibs well enough so it's looking far better.

As I said in another thread; you're looking better going forward than us while we are looking better defensively. The midfield battle should be interesting and possibly dependent on how Geggan is playing.

Rare Saturday working this weekend and gutted to be missing this. 

I know St Mirren were poor but we've faced other poor opponents this season (eg Dundee United at home) and lost. At least yesterday was a bit more like what we'd have expected to see from the Pars this season. Attack, more attack, then bring on some more attacking subs. If Herron and Paton can keep up that level of quality and service to the front players we should be fine. 

Should be a goal fest with two teams who don't look like they can defend and I'd put out strike force ahead of Ayr's now with Clark settling in quickly. Hopefully that can see us come out on top at one of my favourite grounds. With it only being a fiver to get in too, I'm hopeful that'll be a good crowd, a cracking atmosphere and an entertaining game.

It seems to be that over the years we hit a bit of form on the road, come back to Somerset, get a decent crowd and fcuk it. The result against Falkirk maybe balanced the expectation built up in recent weeks and we will go out hoping rather than expecting to get something here. 

Best case is the drop in price brings out an extra 2-3 thousand lapsed/potential fans and we put on a bit of a show and get some of them coming back.

Going by recent form we are more than capable in getting something out of this game and need to pick up points from teams like Dunfemline especially at home.

6 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

600 from the mighty-we've-sold-a-million-season-tickets Pars. Christ, little part time Ayr United took over 400 to Edinburgh

Poor show.

800 or none if you get in.

A day out in Edinburgh or a trip to an absolute shitehole like Ayr are two very different propositions. If it wasn't for the fiver entry then I, like many others, wouldn't be going.

Ayr usually bottle it big time against the mighty Pars so decent chance of an away win. Then again, our terrible defending may even give dross like Ayr a chance of victory.

A day out in Edinburgh or a trip to an absolute shitehole like Ayr are two very different propositions. If it wasn't for the fiver entry then I, like many others, wouldn't be going.

Ayr usually bottle it big time against the mighty Pars so decent chance of an away win. Then again, our terrible defending may even give dross like Ayr a chance of victory.

Edinburgh is absolutely shite tbf.

10 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Should be a goal fest with two teams who don't look like they can defend and I'd put out strike force ahead of Ayr's now with Clark settling in quickly. Hopefully that can see us come out on top at one of my favourite grounds. With it only being a fiver to get in too, I'm hopeful that'll be a good crowd, a cracking atmosphere and an entertaining game.

We've only let in 5 since we got going, don't think we're as bad as you think.

Archived