Sons of the Rock vs. Doonhamers (9th vs. 1st)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I hope Dobbie remembers the time we took a punt on him when he massively overweight and turned him into a goal machine. It would be massively disrespectful for him to try 100% against the club who saved his career IMO.

All these Queens' folks go about thinking Dobbie is theirs, when he was ours first...

ETA: I'm sure he gave thanks to Dumbarton and acknowledged he wouldn't have got to where he was in his career without us, following his move from Queens to Swansea.

All these Queens' folks go about thinking Dobbie is theirs, when he was ours first...

ETA: I'm sure he gave thanks to Dumbarton and acknowledged he wouldn't have got to where he was in his career without us, following his move from Queens to Swansea.

Indeed correct, being at Dumbarton after St Johnstone before arriving at Dumfries. Would Dobbie have played at Boghead?

1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

To be pedantic, he has on many an occasion acknowledged that his spell at Dumbarton was the wake up call he needed to motivate him, seeing part timers come to training after a day's work and slog themselves for pocket money while he wasted the talent he had been given, but it's us and Ian McCall the manager at the time he has credited with actually turning it around following the wake up call. He does talk fondly of his time at Dumbarton though (Gerry McCabe manager at the time I think?). I don't think he'd have gotten where he did in his career without both clubs.

Archived