McLaren Gone

So given the clue is in the name, out of interest who exactly IS the Supporters Trust if it's not "the fans"?

Lots of people paid their £40 initially to join the Trust not just fans and supporters of Stirling Albion their were other people who wanted the club to survive for the future. Clearly some of them are still members of the Supporters Trust and still pay their £10 a year fee.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Lots of people paid their £40 initially to join the Trust not just fans and supporters of Stirling Albion their were other people who wanted the club to survive for the future. Clearly some of them are still members of the Supporters Trust and still pay their £10 a year fee.

Most if not all trust members will be supporters of the club though.

43 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Well, yes, I get that. But those still actively involved in running the Supporters Trust, and therefore by extension the football club, are presumably actually Stirling Albion fans are they not? Are you saying the Supporters Trust is actually being run by people who don't support the club?

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well, yes, I get that. But those still actively involved in running the Supporters Trust, and therefore by extension the football club, are presumably actually Stirling Albion fans are they not? Are you saying the Supporters Trust is actually being run by people who don't support the club?

No clearly the Supporters Trust is being run by supporters who have the time and are willing to work for the future prosperity of the Club. In much the same way as Directors of the club you support Queen of the South are clearly supporters of the club in exactly the same capacity.

31 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Most if not all trust members will be supporters of the club though.

I would think that is the case for most of them but we may have Trust members who have joined the Trust and are still interested in keeping the Club going, who may not attend Albion games, may not even live in this Country but have an affection for the club.

3 minutes ago, rhliston said:

No clearly the Supporters Trust is being run by supporters who have the time and are willing to work for the future prosperity of the Club. In much the same way as Directors of the club you support Queen of the South are clearly supporters of the club in exactly the same capacity.

So the club IS being run by fans then? I must be missing your point here.:huh:

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

Not fans but Supporters their is a difference between a Fan and a Supporter.

Does this perceived difference occur when they put a suit on? Because in reality, there isn't a difference. It amuses me when someone moves from being "one of us" to "one of them" if they have the temerity to get involved in running a club.

All of our directors are genuine "fans" of the club who were supporting from the terraces / stands before they became Directors and no doubt will continue to do so when they cease to be Directors. The idea that they are no longer "fans" is ridiculous.

You're fairly digging a hole for yourself here.

Not really their is a difference imo between a fan and a Supporter.

To quote an example Manchester United are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have millions of fans, but how many of those fans have actually been to Old Trafford to see a match not many I would say.

A supporter goes to games, buys a season ticket, pays to get in and all that goes with being a supporter such as following the team to away games.Their is a difference.

Does this perceived difference occur when they put a suit on? Because in reality, there isn't a difference. It amuses me when someone moves from being "one of us" to "one of them" if they have the temerity to get involved in running a club.

All of our directors are genuine "fans" of the club who were supporting from the terraces / stands before they became Directors and no doubt will continue to do so when they cease to be Directors. The idea that they are no longer "fans" is ridiculous.

I stand by what I have said their is a difference. So we can agree to disagree on this matter.What matters is whether you are a fan or supporter you follow your team thru thick or thin.

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

I stand by what I have said their is a difference. So we can agree to disagree on this matter.What matters is whether you are a fan or supporter you follow your team thru thick or thin.

You've shut him up now.

Stirling Albion is owned by the Supporters Trust - I get that.

Stirling Albion is run by the Club board - I get that.

I even get why the Trust board picked other fans/supporters to be running the club at the start.

But why are the Trust fans still choosing those same other fans to run the club when even they admit they keep making a hash of picking managers and making the club look stupid with slagging Clyde for not hoovering their dug out, kissing Rangers arse, telling everyone they lost out on Fowler as manager etc?

Even Stewarty Mac said bad off field decisions are killing the club on the pitch. Just don't get why binos fans are talking about last year's hospitality instead of getting a chief exec who knows what he's doing when their club's in free fall. They could lose everything they've been fighting to save.

33 minutes ago, King Crownest said:

Stirling Albion is owned by the Supporters Trust - I get that.

Stirling Albion is run by the Club board - I get that.

I even get why the Trust board picked other fans/supporters to be running the club at the start.

But why are the Trust fans still choosing those same other fans to run the club when even they admit they keep making a hash of picking managers and making the club look stupid with slagging Clyde for not hoovering their dug out, kissing Rangers arse, telling everyone they lost out on Fowler as manager etc?

Even Stewarty Mac said bad off field decisions are killing the club on the pitch. Just don't get why binos fans are talking about last year's hospitality instead of getting a chief exec who knows what he's doing when their club's in free fall. They could lose everything they've been fighting to save.

You've identified a problem as you see it, now give us your wisdom with the solution to the problem.

13 hours ago, King Crownest said:

.But why are the Trust fans still choosing those same other fans to run the club when even they admit they keep making a hash of picking managers and making the club look stupid with slagging Clyde for not hoovering their dug out, kissing Rangers arse, telling everyone they lost out on Fowler as manager etc?

Stewarty Mac is right concerning the last 2 managerial appointments from the Stirling Albion Board. Clearly this time both the Trust and the Albion Board MUST get it right this time otherwise I can forsee problems on the horizon for the Albion.

Re the Chief Exec whist he is not flavour of the month with some fans, I think youre being harsh to say we need a new man. Off the field we have been doing well but as Stewarty Mac points out if its not right on the pitch that can undo the good work off it.  Hears hoping they appoint the right man this time and the team starts moving up the table and I`m sure most Albion fans will be happy with that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14 October 2016 at 22:37, AlbionMan said:

You've identified a problem as you see it, now give us your wisdom with the solution to the problem.

What's the alternative to hiring somebody who doesn't know what they're doing? Hire somebody who does!

How are the fans on the board doing with their search for a new manager by the way?

29 minutes ago, King Crownest said:

How are the fans on the board doing with their search for a new manager by the way?

Nobody knows, all we hear is the sound of silence........and rumours that Corrigan is getting the job.

23 hours ago, King Crownest said:

Statement on Club website, search for new manager is still live, still considering a number of potential candidates.

Archived