McLaren Gone

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart McLaren built a decent structure for the club in the youth set up, it's a pity that he could not get the first team to play for him on the park. Rumour at the ground before I left is that Martyn Corrigan will be asked to take over temporarily, underwhelming if true as he must have a fair bit of responsibility for the shambles on the park. Today's performance was shocking, almost as if a large number of the team were playing to get the manager out.

I think it's indicative of how much of a nothing club Stirling Albion have become that this topic has about 3 posts about the news. I'm not saying they shouldn't exist, but if there were room to squeeze them into the Angus club-merger, I certainly wouldn't rule out voting against it.

I think it's indicative of how much of a nothing club Stirling Albion have become that this topic has about 3 posts about the news. I'm not saying they shouldn't exist, but if there were room to squeeze them into the Angus club-merger, I certainly wouldn't rule out voting against it.

I also wouldnt mind if you's fucked off to some pishy english league
Kindest Regards

2 minutes ago, AJBRFC said:

It's a real shame wasn't relegated last season instead of their Stirlingshire rivals. Let's hope after overspending on a shite squad (besides Blair Henderson), they are swiftly replaced with The Shire. #PrideOfStirlingshire

Shame yous wouldn't f**k off out the scottish leagues.

5 minutes ago, BinosCammy said:

I also wouldnt mind if you's fucked off to some pishy english league
Kindest Regards

To be totally honest Cammy (and Sam, who appears to of the same view), as the side responsible for the Scottish Cup's biggest ever upset, I highly doubt that would ever be allowed by the Scottish authorities, who are of course the same authorities of which board members have already acknowledged their beliefs that teams should merge. Maybe my above post was jumping the gun - but AJBRFC could well have stumbled onto something beautiful. The East Stirlingshire brand brings with it a lot of recognition.

As a bigger club than Stirling in everything other than stadium, it'd surely be mutually beneficial for the two sides to merge into East Stirling Albion, finally enabling the Shire to have a proper to play from. This period of upheaval appears a better than ever before to make the change and revolutionise Scottish football. Who'd have thought it? Lowly Stirling Albion revolutionising the game. It'd be great to see, a real feel-good story. In time, we could even see Stenhousemuir conjoin. If there's real community spirit generated Falkirk may even accept you as a feeder club. It'd really streamline things and make for a great story, all whilst allowing your side to become something to be proud of once more.

On another note, has anyone seen Jake tonight? I feel he should be placed on suicide watch - usually you are able to taste his tears being beamed out onto his keyboard and across the United Kingdom via P&B by 5:15pm on a Saturday. 

See, this is exactly what happened at Berwick. A bunch of morons who have no idea what a good player is give Hendo stick, Hendo was defended by the elite Ducket maseev who have a quite unbelievable eye for a player, and Hendo repaid their faith by getting it right up those who sit in section F, particularly the one with Yellow Feet. 

#Shh

2 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Stuart's big gamble offering Henderson £500 per week didn't pay off. We'll take him back in a cut-price deal in January. Heard he's been telling his former teammates he wants to return anyway. Bonus #AgentHendo

I don't know why you'd want him back. He's crap 

Just now, Yellow Feet said:

#Shh

Listen, I'm all for healthy debate but the McLaren gone thread has taken a really intriguing turn here so perhaps we're best saving that one for another time, or even later in the topic.

As someone who I know has studied the club, perhaps you'd be well placed to reveal your thoughts on a club merger in the region? Surely attendance figures would skyrocket in a club where fans really do have something to be proud of. 

Just now, ecfcnorthfield said:

I don't know why you'd want him back. He's crap 

Whilst Dean Carse is your most electrifying forward, I'll not be prepared to listen to your views. Until that is no longer the case, please nip away and watch highlights of Jordyn Sheerin pissing all over you. That way you might get an understanding of what makes a good forward.

your thoughts on a club merger in the region?

I'm of the professional opinion they should fold and hand over their league place to Stirling Uni. At least then they'd have a majority of the local population actually caring.

Paint the Wallace Monument and Kelpies green whilst we're at it.

15 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

To be totally honest Cammy (and Sam, who appears to of the same view), as the side responsible for the Scottish Cup's biggest ever upset, I highly doubt that would ever be allowed by the Scottish authorities, who are of course the same authorities of which board members have already acknowledged their beliefs that teams should merge. Maybe my above post was jumping the gun - but AJBRFC could well have stumbled onto something beautiful. The East Stirlingshire brand brings with it a lot of recognition.

As a bigger club than Stirling in everything other than stadium, it'd surely be mutually beneficial for the two sides to merge into East Stirling Albion, finally enabling the Shire to have a proper to play from. This period of upheaval appears a better than ever before to make the change and revolutionise Scottish football. Who'd have thought it? Lowly Stirling Albion revolutionising the game. It'd be great to see, a real feel-good story. In time, we could even see Stenhousemuir conjoin. If there's real community spirit generated Falkirk may even accept you as a feeder club. It'd really streamline things and make for a great story, all whilst allowing your side to become something to be proud of once more.

On another note, has anyone seen Jake tonight? I feel he should be placed on suicide watch - usually you are able to taste his tears being beamed out onto his keyboard and across the United Kingdom via P&B by 5:15pm on a Saturday. 

You talk a load of pish bye the way now go back to your Geordie hovel and support your local team Newcastle United.

27 minutes ago, AJBRFC said:

It's a real shame wasn't relegated last season instead of their Stirlingshire rivals. Let's hope after overspending on a shite squad (besides Blair Henderson), they are swiftly replaced with The Shire. #PrideOfStirlingshire

Given the Shire`s current position in the Lowland League that seems unlikely imo. Noticed you lot fail to beat Montrose away today not too good for a big team like Berwick is it ?

Archived