BT Sport / Chris Sutton

In that Clyde Super Scoreboard thing above, he openly admits he doesn't.  He says things to stimulate controversy.  He claims that's part of his job.  Which is a reasonable point of view.

Did he not say BT sport try and stimulate conversation in people's front rooms or something along those lines? I mean it's not as if they're always disagreeing, I think all 3 give honest opinions, and when Suttons and Stewart's clash for example they're prepared to argue it out nothing held back. I don't think for one second he does anything purely as a wind up, I think he tries to wind people up by being a bit overzealous with his opinion/view though.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sutton is growing on me slowly.

When he actually talks about the football I will concede he does seem to know what he's talking about.

I'm not a fan of his headline grabbing quotes as find it very tabloid esque.

Saying that, having listened to his conversation with DJ last night I have a lot more respect for him.

DJ absolutely exposed for the imposter he is. Absolutely no answer when challenged.

I loved his 'you were in England, how would you know what was going on from a totally different country' [emoji23]

12 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Big Sutton has been a breath of fresh air. Agree with about 95% of what he says. Was arguing with some fellow Celtic fans who didn't like the fact he was having a go at Celtic & some Celtic players over the past 2yrs but unlike fannies like Andy Walker I don't mind ex-Celtic players criticising the club so long as they can defend it & praise it when it's merited. Walker & Provan on the other hand just seem to be constantly having a go at Celtic.

What the f**k are you talking about? Andy Walker is just a Celtic equivalent of Derek Johnstone, a gurning sycophant who knows nothing about football beyond the club he has an attachment to and makes no attempt to hide his bias.

Sutton is still a c**t, but as others have said he's drastically improved as a pundit.

What the f**k are you talking about? Andy Walker is just a Celtic equivalent of Derek Johnstone, a gurning sycophant who knows nothing about football beyond the club he has an attachment to and makes no attempt to hide his bias.

Sutton is still a c**t, but as others have said he's drastically improved as a pundit.

Correct.

I still remember re watching the highlights when we beat Celtic with Paul Quinn's late winner last season and he was commentating. He was absolutely seething, he was almost shouting at Craig Gordon like some fan sat in a pub.

14 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

he's drastically improved as a pundit.

He's improved as an entertainer.

Hey, I'd rather listen to those provocative pundits than Andy Walker, Derek Johnstone.etc 

DJ's continuous backing of McCoist when everyone knew his reign was becoming an embarrassment was incredibly frustrating.

Correct.

I still remember re watching the highlights when we beat Celtic with Paul Quinn's late winner last season and he was commentating. He was absolutely seething, he was almost shouting at Craig Gordon like some fan sat in a pub.

You boys are deluded. Walker is not respected by loads of Celtic fans for his constant sniping at the club. Last season was classic Walker...was asked about Celtic winning the league in the game we clinched it and ignored the question to have a rant to tell us all how Celtic aren't good enough for the CL. If I closed my eyes I could've mistaken him for DJ.

6 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

You boys are deluded. Walker is not respected by loads of Celtic fans for his constant sniping at the club. Last season was classic Walker...was asked about Celtic winning the league in the game we clinched it and ignored the question to have a rant to tell us all how Celtic aren't good enough for the CL. If I closed my eyes I could've mistaken him for DJ.

Excuse me if I choose to completely disregard the views of Celtic fans when considering whether pundits are biased towards Celtic.

So he ignored a totally obvious question about Celtic winning the league when they were playing in a one horse league and pointed out, correctly, that Celtic are shite in the Champions League?

What part was he wrong about?

He is still a Celtic fanboy as much as possible the same as the fat Dundonian is a Rangers fanboy, just that you cuntos are deluded because of the constant media fawning over how the OF are the biggest/greatest/whateverest.

Sutton is a dick but fair play he toasted that fat p***k, hopefully just the start for the rest of the exOF pundits.

As I said on the other thread, I really don't like Derek Johnstone at all.  I think he's a daftie who has nothing worth saying, pretty much ever.

Sutton was quite nasty though.  His assault on Johnstone amounted to bullying and was not terribly edifying in my view.

As I said on the other thread, I really don't like Derek Johnstone at all.  I think he's a daftie who has nothing worth saying, pretty much ever.

Sutton was quite nasty though.  His assault on Johnstone amounted to bullying and was not terribly edifying in my view.

I do tend to agree. I did enjoy listening to it but you're right. It was a bit like a big kid at school picking on the disabled kid.

DJ is hopeless at defending himself but he's not totally wrong, Sutton will know himself that at times he is at it to get a reaction.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

BFDJ started it off by slagging him off the other night. His own fucking fault for the verbal ownage he received. :lol:

I didn't especially enjoy listening to it but if you are going to make a living by working in the media then you have to be prepared to competently justify and argue your opinions but have them examined and criticised by others.

Nothing Sutton said was either incorrect or unjustified. He might have been harsh in his tone but it hardly amounts to bullying.

In that Clyde Super Scoreboard thing above, he openly admits he doesn't.  He says things to stimulate controversy.  He claims that's part of his job.  Which is a reasonable point of view.

You can tell when he's being honest though. He defends his views with pure venom. It's great,

16 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I didn't especially enjoy listening to it but if you are going to make a living by working in the media then you have to be prepared to competently justify argue your opinions but have them examined and criticised by others.

Nothing Sutton said was either incorrect or unjustified. He might have been harsh in his tone but it hardly amounts to bullying.

Very much this , they are paid very good money to provide insightful comments , it's hardly Suttons fault that he appears to be more capable and intelligent than the rest of them 

Archived