Hunted

The Minertaur

57 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Having just started watching the first series of this they explained that the cameraman is "on the run" as well. Even though his picture isn't on the wall in HQ, he has no contact with anyone and doesn't tip off the hunters (allegedly).

I like the premise of the show but I can't help but think the "hunted" are told to make a call or try and contact someone, just to give the hunters a chance. For example, the GP in series one, goes rural then for some unexplained reason uses a f*cking phone box to contact his family on a number he well knows will be monitored, giving away his location!!!!

Whilst I agree with you that there will be things they have to do in order to win (that won't be shown to the viewer) I think you need to consider how stupid the majority of humans are and also how easy it is with hindsight to say "I wouldn't have done that".  It must be hard to stay away from your family for the required length of time and I personally couldn't imagine going a few days without at least speaking to my daughter.

Don't think this would be as easy as most of us think.

11 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Whilst I agree with you that there will be things they have to do in order to win (that won't be shown to the viewer) I think you need to consider how stupid the majority of humans are and also how easy it is with hindsight to say "I wouldn't have done that".  It must be hard to stay away from your family for the required length of time and I personally couldn't imagine going a few days without at least speaking to my daughter.

You haven't met my family.

Its a fair point, and while its easy to say "just tell them you're incommunicado for 4 weeks" i'd probably relish it for a week, start waining a bit after 9 days and make a full blown Snottering mess phone call after 2 weeks.

Point taken [emoji23]

11 hours ago, Enigma said:

Why don’t they withdraw all their cash in one go.

Thats a question we've also asked.

Im not sure the show is rigged to the point where someone will always win. Its not physically possible to track every contestant right from the start so you're always going to get some who last a few weeks and some that drop off the radar for a while. Much like shows like the apprentice there are obviously a couple of "plants" that are good fun to watch but are always going to get caught pretty early on.

Its pretty obvious a lot of it is shot after the event though, as there are often shots from following cars etc. The bit when the ex-policeman bolted off down the stream just before he got caught must have been re-shot afterwards - he left his cameraman for dust when he first pegged it :lol:

Edited by Mr X

20 hours ago, Enigma said:

Why don’t they withdraw all their cash in one go.

Apparently there are rules against it, they can only lift £40 at a time,have to use the cash point at least twice, have to move at least five miles every three days, people can help but are not allowed to give money and you can't go back to the same place twice. 

These were the rules of the US version made by the same people as the British one so it's thought the rules are the same.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2017/02/cbs-hunted-rules/amp/

14 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

Apparently there are rules against it, they can only lift £40 at a time,have to use the cash point at least twice, have to move at least five miles every three days, people can help but are not allowed to give money and you can't go back to the same place twice. 

These were the rules of the US version made by the same people as the British one so it's thought the rules are the same.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2017/02/cbs-hunted-rules/amp/

Interesting stuff.

Clearly some of those rules dont apply to the UK one, as Alexs Dad was helped by the same guy more than once. Good chance that some, if not all, of the other rules apply though. 

Its all for tv, the speed at which they get the ‘cctv’, the phone intercepts, all pish, would never happen that quick. The ‘questioning’ of family members getting free reign to search the house etc, would never happen.

You are comparing this to a show with someone who has committed a serious crime and is legitimately on the run.

You are comparing this to a show with someone who has committed a serious crime and is legitimately on the run.

What im saying is it clearly says ‘the powers of the state are assumed’ at the start of the program but the speed at which they get information etc is highly doubtful, ie if the hunted ping up on any cctv and the hunters ask for it they are given it, the reality isnt so simple, security services etc just can’t hack into a closed loop system. I think it gives a skewed view as to the actual capability of the state, which has probably been oversimplified for tv, but that being the case they should highlight that its responses are idealised and not common. How hard could it be to find 10 people walking about being followed by a camera crew and production team?

I've sort of assume they filmed the "hunter" scenes in the office afterwards tbh, and a few of the chase scenes are also shot again. 

Not sure why a few seem genuinely outraged at such a thing happening though, watching an episode of folk staring at laptop screens of CCTV, or watching a chase which consists of a camera pointed at grass as the camera man sprints, would be dreadful. 

I don't think there's rules in place about what the contestants must do, though, the singer boys were barely in it as they'd pretty much just camped out in Wales or something. While I think the ex police boy was just arrogant as f**k and assumed he'd be able to get away with meeting his family. They clearly get told that they have to enter the USB on a certain date aswell, which maybe dictates them getting closer to towns and that near the end. 

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've sort of assume they filmed the "hunter" scenes in the office afterwards tbh, and a few of the chase scenes are also shot again. 

Not sure why a few seem genuinely outraged at such a thing happening though, watching an episode of folk staring at laptop screens of CCTV, or watching a chase which consists of a camera pointed at grass as the camera man sprints, would be dreadful. 

I don't think there's rules in place about what the contestants must do, though, the singer boys were barely in it as they'd pretty much just camped out in Wales or something. While I think the ex police boy was just arrogant as f**k and assumed he'd be able to get away with meeting his family. They clearly get told that they have to enter the USB on a certain date aswell, which maybe dictates them getting closer to towns and that near the end. 

The only thing that I thought was shit this season was that opening the USB gave away their location. I dont know if that was added in because they were struggling to find the remaining contestants or what but it was a huge advantage to the hunters.

Made Alex climbing onto that boat all the more sweet though :bairn

36 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The only thing that I thought was shit this season was that opening the USB gave away their location. I dont know if that was added in because they were struggling to find the remaining contestants or what but it was a huge advantage to the hunters.

Made Alex climbing onto that boat all the more sweet though :bairn

This is the only season I've watched so wasn't sure about whether that was normal or not. Suppose it made it more exciting at the end

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The annoying thing with this was that he was only caught because the friend of his wife forgot to turn her bloody phone off.  If she had a brain cell then he would have had a decent chance of getting away!

• 1 month later...

Just came into work and a girl who works in my team has asked me provisionally for time off as she has got to the final stage of applications for this year.  Her and her boyfriend (ex Marines) applied and are heading to Manchester for final interviews.

I think they'll get in, she's a good looking girl with a big mane of red hair and her man is a Geordie.  

She was telling me they've already had some of the guidelines described to them - you need to move town/area every 2 days and the bank card thing they give you a card with a limited amount of money on it so people can't top you up.

• 6 months later...

New series of Celebrity Hunted start last night.  

I don't want to give away anything from the first episode for those who haven't seen it but....

Spoiler

I bloody hope Kay Burley is caught right at the beginning of the next episode.  What sort of a on the run experience is going away to your holiday home? :lol: