Morton v Aberdeen

1 minute ago, Davie Bhoy said:

I don't base a semi final or final allocation on attendances in previous cup games but on the clubs average attendance. Our fans have had to shell out a lot of money for CL qualifiers and 3 match packages. In fact I'm over £200 alone on top of my ST for my 3 match package and my 2 sons. Bought our tickets for the Alloa game too but not everyone is as fortunate. We have enough ST holders to merit our allocation at Hampden.

f**k off the thread, you thick bigot. 

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Learn the rules, hotshot. I'm not stating btw that Morton will definitely take 10,000 to a cup semi-final, but the idea that the club should be placed at a substantial disadvantage and given a limited number of tickets from the off - "give them one stand and Aberdeen three" - is preposterous.

Either provide a 50-50 split for each club, with leftovers going to a reserve list at the other club in the days before the game (minus the ticket losses caused by segregation of course) or play the game at Hampden. It's that straightforward. 

Indeed

All I'm saying is it won't be 50/50 if it's in Edinburgh 

Maybe it should be at Hampden, we could probably rustle up 20,000 odd for this 

I reckon we'll do better than 5000 for this but probably not as much as 10,000. 6-7000 would be my guess. The usual part timers that show up for league wins and that. 

I'm trying to remember what the arrangements have been for previous neutral games at ER...

In most (or all?) cases I can remember one team got the Famous Five end and the other got the rest of the ground. That was certainly the case with Raith-Rangers in the Petrofac Cup; Hearts-Inverness in two League Cup SF - was there not also some attempt to give ICT a chunk of the Main Stand but it wasn't allowed by police?; Dunfermline v Livingston; plus Hearts v Motherwell (AFAIA).

South Stand, the usual away end, can be halved internally but that's the only stand so equipped. Main Stand potentially could be, with VIPs occupying middle area, but not sure if it ever has been?

If it would get over 20k, it should go to Hampden.

15 minutes ago, Wren Road said:

Be great to take 15k plus to Hampden

If it's at Hampden i can see us taking about 6k for a Semi Final, if it's in Edinburgh or Dundee area probably even less. I think if we got to a final the whole of Greenock would try and get tickets, but i'm not sure this is quite enough to grab the attention of above and beyond the usual extra fans who show up for big games.

Learn the rules, hotshot. I'm not stating btw that Morton will definitely take 10,000 to a cup semi-final, but the idea that the club should be placed at a substantial disadvantage and given a limited number of tickets from the off - "give them one stand and Aberdeen three" - is preposterous.

Either provide a 50-50 split for each club, with leftovers going to a reserve list at the other club in the days before the game (minus the ticket losses caused by segregation of course) or play the game at Hampden. It's that straightforward. 

Agree 100%. If we try to come the Big Club pish in a game with Morton, how can we complain when it's done to us by the Ugly Sisters in future matches?

Hampden. Let everyone who wants to see the game go. If there are empty spaces then too bad.

28 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

Agree 100%. If we try to come the Big Club pish in a game with Morton, how can we complain when it's done to us by the Ugly Sisters in future matches?

Hampden. Let everyone who wants to see the game go. If there are empty spaces then too bad.

absolutely this.

Morton are historically a biggish club plus they've had little success over the last few years. They'll bring a substantial support, as will us. If it's to be over 25k which it sounds like it probably will, have it at Hampden. Not fair on those who miss out.
Plus it's a decent chance to end our Hampden hoodoo. Hope it's a 3 or evening kick off!

Archived